“Best pho in the city!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best pho in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Found this restaurant by chance while looking for Chokolait. Self service and very efficiently run where you give your order and pay at the counter and is given a number. You can then serve yourself to cutlery, sauces, condiments and also tea. The service is brisk and numbers are called within minutes. The crowd fills up the small area set with tables but turnover is fast as waiting time is minimal. The best pho I have tasted in the city! The soup has a refined flavour and the noodles tasted fresh not frozen. The rice paper rolls also tasted excellent. Price reasonable. Will definitely eat there again the next time I visit Melbourne.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
“I went twice in a week - enough said!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Finally… a really good phở (Vietnamese noodle soup) right in the heart of the city! A real winter warmer, full of flavour. Word has gotten out to quite a few as there were well dressed professionals slurping soup by the spoonful.

Located in the Hub Arcade, Shop 5, on the left-hand side after the Gourmet Curry Hut and opposite Chokolait (somehow I managed to not go in there afterwards!). A short walk or tram ride and you too can tuck in.

I went twice in a week! First time, I enjoyed a chicken and beef combination phở ($8.50), the second time I just had the chicken as preferred its texture. There are also other dishes: rice paper rolls, spring rolls and rice-meat dishes if I ever get tired of pho (unlikely, but you never know).

It is small space, but efficient. Help yourself to cutlery, accompanying sauces, lemon wedges and freshly sliced chilli. I left with my nose running (I love chilli!) and feeling great. There’s also the takeaway option.

Note: it is a little café-type place, not a restaurant. I know they’re open weekdays for lunch, but unsure about weekends or evenings. I’ll find out and post again after my next visit.

• Visited June 2012