“best ever!!!!”

Lightning Ridge Opal Mines
Ranked #9 of 112 Shopping in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Melbourne's Number One Experience! Come in and learn about Australia's National Gemstone. Browse and select from our stunning selection of opals and opal jewellery and check out our Wildlife display - a little piece of the Outback in Melbourne's CBD. We are open Mon-Fri 9.30Am - 5.30Pm and Sat/Sun from 10.00Am-5.00Pm.
Melbourne, Australia
“best ever!!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

It's often hard to find and trust reputable, honest opal dealers, but I am thrilled we found these guys! They could not have been more helpful and there range was excellent (they even had pieces that my ultra fussy sister loved!). They also have an educational demonstration which shows how the opals are mined, and they have an opal cutting service which we found great.

But the thing our kids (and hubby) loved was their amazing collection of LIVE reptiles and spiders!!! Even if you're not after opals, it's worth dropping in just to check them out!

Truly a great shopping experience!

Visited May 2012

Melbourne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer Service is brilliant”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I wanted to by Opals for relatives in the UK and really had no idea how to start so I went to this shop in Melbourne and was blown away by the cusomter service and the knowledge they have. They gave me a FREE opal lesson that I really enjoyed and then showed me all their stock which was very impressive, my budget was not huge but they could really cater to all tastes. I have asked my husband to save up for my 40th Birthday, I saw some amazing opals I want!!! A fantastic experience, would recommend to anyone interested in Opals.

Visited February 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A cut above”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The fantastic service at Lightning Ridge opals did not end with the beautiful product on display but included a free opal cutting demonstration and lots of great information. The team could not have been more helpful or informative – they truly went above and beyond.

Visited May 2012