“Great location for a weekend in the CBD”
Review of Ovolo Laneways

Ovolo Laneways
Ranked #14 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at the Ovolo Hotel for one night in May as a weekend getaway with my husband. I booked this hotel because of it's location and as a new, small hotel it looked more interesting than the bigger chain offerings. Location was indeed great for all the fantastic restaurants Melbourne has to offer.
The room (one bedroom suite) was nice and comfortable with some funky styling. The service ethics at Ovolo were the most impressive aspect - free Wifi, free mini bar, goodie bag (filled with chips, biscuits, chocolates - the things you normally pay a fortune for in hotels) and Malin+Goetz toiletries. We were also impressed with the grab and go breakfast offering, which was a nice touch on checkout even though we headed out for a proper breakfast.
Overall Ovolo offers a great CBD location, comfortable rooms and a few complimentary extras which show they care about service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca0210
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Rebecca0210,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and photographs by way of Trip Advisor. I am delighted you found our location favourable and certainly hope you took advantage of all the restaurants nearby. I was particularly pleased to read you enjoyed our all-inclusive approach as we do strive to offer an experience unlike that offered at the larger chain hotels.

Should you wish to stay with us again in the future, it would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

There are newer reviews for Ovolo Laneways

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ovolo is now my fave hotel in Melbourne. The location was perfect - close to the theatre, train station/tram stops and shops etc.

My partner and I shared a "cosy" studio that was really clean and serviced daily.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BunnyNine

Dear BunnyNine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you found our location fantastic and that Ovolo Melbourne is now your new favourite hotel in Melbourne.

Next time you wish to book please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked a two bedroom place for my best friend and I to stay (girls shopping / culinary weekend) and it was excellent....great location, excellent rooms, and brilliant service.
The room was a perfect size, felt quite large. 3 TV's, fully ipod integrated. The bedrooms were a good size, and the beds were great with nice linen, room to hang things and unpack etc. We had a big lounge, kitchen, and arrived to a welcome goodie bag each which was cute.
Complementary mini bar, including wine and beer.
Nespresso downstairs, with danishs in the morning....very boutique and chic. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank euro79

Dear euro79,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Ovolo Experience on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted you enjoyed your time in residence and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Basic and clean room in a great location. This is the perfect hotel on a budget in Melbourne CBD, walking distance to Theatres, Restaurants, Cinemas and Bars. I love the top end of Melbourne and this was perfect for our night out on the town. Plan to spend your time out and about and use this as a place to crash for a weekend or night out. Very quiet location while being a 5 min stroll from everything. Bedding was comfy and clean and the room was a solid 3 star standard. My window was glass bricks so having no view at all had me feeling a little boxed in but otherwise I would definitely stay again considering it is no more expensive than a cab fare to the eastern suburbs.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly O, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear samred72,

Seasons Greetings to you!

Thank you for such a wonderful review on Ovolo Hotel Melbourne. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the hotel and loved the freebies! We enjoy giving back.

Looking forward to having you stay again if you're back in Melbourne anytime soon!

All the best in 2014

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed two nights as part of a conference I organise, with another 11 rooms booked at the same time for our speakers. I cannot praise this hotel and staff highly enough. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I left gift bags and thank you cards with reception for all our guests who I couldn't meet personally, and the staff ensured they were all delivered safely.

Everyone was raving about the quality of the free wi-fi, and the included mini bar, and I have to say the grab-and-go breakfast was a bit of a life saver as I had a couple of very early starts while I was there! The room (1 bed suite) was clean and comfortable, and though I could have used more bathroom bench space, the toilet lid was perfectly flat and became a useful space of its own!

Lastly, I really enjoyed the bonus of an Apple TV in my room, blasting my music from my phone to the TV via Airplay while I got ready to go out was a real treat. I'd recommend this hotel to everyone who wants some special touches and great location and isn't fussed about the lack of a view (in the CBD it's a rarity anyway!).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lauren W
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Lauren W,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Ovolo experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you and your delegates enjoyed their stay and will pass your feedback on to the entire team.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved it! Staff were friendly from the moment we arrived. Room was spacious and I couldn't have got it any cleaner myself! Perfect location as well. We've recommended it to friends and we are planning on booking for our wedding night! Thanks for an awesome stay :)

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank ReneeD83

Dear ReneeD83,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for sharing your short yet glowing review on Trip Advisor. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and we will see you on the big day!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at Ovolo last weekend and would recommend it to everyone. We stayed in a 2 bed appartment with 4 adults and had plenty of room. The room was clean and tidy but not spotless which didn't bother us. The amount of extras you get during your stay is unbelievable, free loot bag, free mini bar topped up daily (4 beer, 4 glasses of sav blanc, soft drink and water), free nespresso coffee, free breakfast and free happy hour every arvo (awesome). The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. We will stay at Ovolo again

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 19thsupporter

Dear 19thsupporter,

Thank you for sharing your Ovolo experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your compliments to the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist you with any future reservations.