“You really feel like a welcome guest.”
Review of Ovolo Laneways

Ovolo Laneways
Ranked #13 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 8, 2013

All the little extras, free wifi, free mini bar, free local calls, free light breakfast, all add up to "I feel valued". Nice, modern decor, spacious rooms and lovely staff meant this was quite possibly the nicest hotel stay I have ever had. It felt so welcoming. I hate the way so many hotels, rip off their captive audience (guest does not seem appropriate somehow) with over inflated prices for amenities. How refreshing that Ovolo have seen fit to make their guests feel welcome & comfortable. Lovely & quiet (no traffic noise), plenty of bars & restaurants handy plus right I theatre district. Handy to tram & train station. This one gets the big tick & I will not go elsewhere on future trips to Melbourne. Well done Ovolo!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Caroline C
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Caroline C,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Feedback such as yours certainly makes us feel proud of what we do. I am delighted our staff and inclusions made you feel so welcomed.
Caroline please contact me directly next time you wish to stay, it would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

p: +61 3 8692 0777 f: +61 3 8692 0789

Write a ReviewReviews (1,148)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

3 night stay in a studio apartment recently. Excellent service. Clean and very comfortable hotel. Quiet. Spacious. Free wifi. Free stocks from mini bar replenished daily. Delicious pastries available from front desk all day (grab and go) and coffee available at front desk as well as in room. Apple TV. iPod dock. Parking available close by at a cost of $15. No wait for elevator. Staff were very pleasant. Strongly recommend

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GingerandTommy
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear GingerandTommy,

Salutations from Ovolo Melbourne!

Thank you for taking the time to share your "Terrific" feedback regarding your recent stay. I was delighted to see you found our staff pleasant and elevators fast, being a boutique property elevator waits are extremely rare!
Please contact me directly next time you wish to book so I may personally assist you.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Free wifi,mini bar, happy hour ,grab bag,breakfast pastries and more. A friend of mine pointed out nothing is really free and that we were paying a little extra for these privileges. I don't agree I think the price was fair especially for the quality of accommodation and to get these add-ons just really made it better value and gave the good vibe to the stay.
I also liked the position in town which was close to the theatres and Chinatown and not to far to walk to anything.
The staff were really helpful and when we went down to have a free happy hour drink they gave us good advice on things to do around town.

Room Tip: Two bedroom apartments good for families
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gundagirl

Dear Gundagirl,

Greetings from the team at Ovolo Melbourne,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found that our inclusions gave a good vibe to the stay. Our front desk team are proud of their local knowledge and Happy Hour is a perfect time for them to share their recommendations, I do hope their advice combined with your hotel stay made for a memorable holiday.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

the staff at this hotel are simply amazing. They love their music &chit chat, love taking photos, recommending new places and made us feel as family. free internet- I must stay hilton & hyatt should learn something from this group as they think like a guest. would love to stay there again and hope they open another hotel in the peninsula.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miglan S
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Miglan S,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

I was delighted to read that our staff made you feel like you were family. We pride ourselves on our service and ability to put ourselves in our guest’s shoes (metaphorically of course…). I hope the front desk team managed to take photos for you that were memorable. Ovolo Group does have plans for further expansion; feel free to follow our progress on Twitter (Ovolo_Oz) and Facebook (Ovolo Hotels + Serviced Apartments).

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ovolo Melbourne in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The most helpful and friendly staff. A real delight. Free and daily replenished mini bar, treats pack on checkin, tv's in all bedrooms. Apple TV, free wifi.... And comfy beds! Will Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Funelixir

Dear Funelixir,

Thank you for your short yet descriptive and positive review. I am delighted to see you found our staff helpful and beds comfortable.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time you wish to stay so I may personally assist you.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel is just gorgeous and the staff on arrival even more so,especially Matt and Stacey. Free wifi, free minibar restocked daily and a goody bag of treats in our room on arrival was amazing! The room was amazing and each room had its own tv on the wall. Large panoramic windows allowed us to see the skyline, awesome....overall the staff made this place my only choice if I'm in Melbourne and reasonably priced to boot...amazing!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracey B

Dear Tracey B,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne.

It was indeed a pleasure reading your glowing review; I particularly enjoyed your title “Best Hotel Ever” (all the staff here definitely feel the same way). I would also like to thank you for taking the time to mention Matt and Stacey on our front desk; I will certainly pass your comments on to them.
Tracey I would be delighted to assist you with your next reservation should you wish, alternatively please do feel free to contact Matt or Stacey as I am sure they would also be delighted to personally assist you.
On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Ovolo Melbourne in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We loved Ovolo. The staff are welcoming, friendly and extremely accommodating. Our room was perfect and the bed wonderfully comfortable. We loved the free minibar and wifi and the restaurant recommendations were fabulous. Another nice touch is the free happy hour each evening. Only downside to the whole experience was the miniscule sink in the bathroom which has been noted by other reviewers. The location of this hotel is perfect for everything. We'll definitely be back and would highly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: worth getting the studio suite which is only marginally more expensive but a much bigger room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bidefordbabe
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Bidefordbabe,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

It was indeed a pleasure reading your glowing review of Ovolo Melbourne. Our team is extremely proud of what they do and it seems this has not gone unnoticed. Ovolo Melbourne’s Happy Hour is an ideal way for our in house guests to interact with one another as well as our front desk team. I am glad you found our location perfect for everything and will be recommending us to your friends and family. I would be delighted to assist you with your next reservation so please do not hesitate to contact me directly. See you next time!