“Very hip very now and very much everything included.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Laneways

Ovolo Laneways
Ranked #13 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Morwell, Australia
“Very hip very now and very much everything included.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Ovolo as we were in melbourne for a concert. Upon being greeted at reception we could tell it was gonna be a great stay. The staff were very friendly and were very helpful. The room was fantastic (we had a 2 bedroom suite) we went with our best friends and it had a great lounge are to relax and the bedrooms were both a great size. The free mini bar was fantastic as was the free wifi and grab and go breakfast. We will definetly be back and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Buttersandco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My partner and I recently travelled to Melbourne for a quick stop over prior to heading to Phillip Island for the Moto Gp.

I had done some research on the hotel prior to arriving. After reading many glowing reviews, I had high expectations of my experience....

To my surprise, my actual experience exceeded my expectations !!!

Loved the location, loved the room (1 bedroom suite) and love, love love all the additional extras at no charge !

If you are a person that likes to plan every detail of your stay like exactly where you are going for dinner or to which bar you are having pre-dinner drinks blah blah blah......Throw all of that out the window and take a recommendation from the very local and knowledgable front of house team....They know their stuff !

We threw our preconceived plans to the wind and went with a dinner recommendation to 'Papa Goose'. My partner and I had a wonderful time. The food, ambience and experience was exactly what we were looking for 10/10.

I have recommended this hotel to many of my business associates and friends that frequently visit Melbourne.

Bravo Team Ovolo ! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank simone h
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This brand new boutique hotel is perfectly placed in Melbourne's theatre and restaurant precinct at the top end of little Bourke St near China Town and Spring St. Sparkling new rooms, modern decor - a small and intimate hotel. The staff are very helpful and cheerful and the greatest surprise was the help yourself mini bar in our room at no extra cost. Another clever little ploy to please you is the free loot bag with nuts and snacks to take home. Also free tea, coffee and cold drinks in the foyer. Great marketing from this company which definitely won us over. Other mean spirited hotels could learn a lot from this little gem. The staff were very helpful in guiding us to a nearby restaurant on Spring St for a sumptous cooked breakast, or they offer their own complimentary continental breakfast. A comfortable bed and quiet room ensured a good night's sleep. The only small negative is the very small bathroon basin. We will definitely stay there again on our next theatre and restaurant excursion to Melbourne.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skyfox49
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A gorgeous new boutique hotel, petit reception, with the friendliest staff ever, NONE of the attitude of the larger hotels... Fantastic location, a hop step and jump from Longrain, or our new fave restaurant Gingerboy... great contemporary rooms, comfy bed, gorgeous shower and lots of free goodies... including the FREE mini bar... which didnt have wine on our visit, but I was promised was being added to the inventory very soon...
We will def. be back for our next 'date' night....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DDKRLWalters
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

New homey boutique hotel with character and loads of free perks (grab and go breakfast, mini bar, snacks pack on arrival, local calls, newspapers...) Very central location within walking distance from major landmarks. Friendly staff and clean spacious rooms though bathroom sink is ridiculously small. Excellent value for money. I would not stay anywhere else!

Tips: (1) best breakfast options nearby (right behind Ovolo) at The European and The Mess Hall. (2) Best airport transportation: Skybus (10 min intervals all day at AUD 17), 20 min ride to reach city centre. Skybus can arrange free connection ride to your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ToniYuen
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear ToniYuen,

Greetings from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted you found the hotel “homey” and value for money.
Please contact me directly next time you wish to book so I may personally assist you.

Kind Regards,

Josh Noonan
Ovolo Hotel Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and it is a very nice hotel. The staff are all friendly, the room i was in was spacious and super clean. I had an amazing nights sleep and a seriously delicious breakfast. Check out was a breeze and a i had a taxi waiting for me. Great !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry K
Sinagpore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The location, service and little details (including lots of freebees - free wifi, free beer in the minibar, free amazing coffe and pastries in the lobby each morning...) have earned this hotel 5 stars. I stayed there last weekend and loved the location (at the edge of the central CBD grid near Chinatown). Being central and within walking distance of the main city sights is key for me. I loved going out the front door and jogging down to the south bank of the Yarra for my morning run and we were also right next to a tram stop for taking an easy trip down to St. Kilda beach. We had a one bedroom suite on the 4th floor - it was new, clean and well designed. The bed was super comfy, the rain shower had good water pressure and the wifi worked really well. I think the best thing though was how well the front desk staff took care of us - they made dinner bookings, answered all of our questions with a smile and were generally really lovely. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AJoyce01
Josh N, General Manager at Ovolo Laneways, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear AJoyce01,

Salutations from Ovolo Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your open and honest feedback, I am delighted to see our attention to detail was the driving force behind your 5 star rating.

Next time you wish to book please contact me directly so I may personally assist you.

Kind Regards,