“Good food, great location”

Waterfront Southgate
Ranked #53 of 4,034 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, European, Australian, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A prestigious seafood restaurant with river view and heated alfresco area. Waterfront, would satisfy every guest that seeks either a relaxed romantic dinner or an aged chargrilled steak with glass of wine from Waterfront's extensive wine selection.
Poole, United Kingdom
“Good food, great location”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is on Melbourne's lively South Bank, and we stopped for a light late lunch. Food is served all day (worth noting, because a lot of MMelbourne restaurants close their kitchen in the afternooon) and we sat outside in the sun, people watching! Great location for doing that and we were entertained by a variety of street performers working on the walkway! We both had seafood (Moreton Bay bugs (which are rather like scampi) for me, and prawns for my wife) and were very pleased. The food was piping hot and tasted lovely and fresh. There is a decent wine list too. Service was efficient and welcoming, so all in all, a good choice amongst the many restaurants here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok
“This is not the same as what I used to know. Never again”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The cocktail was very ugly. Mojo to tastes badly and mint decoration is partly black. The service is greedy more than friendly. The worse is Oyster and Mussels are not fresh! This is Sunday afternoon and things supposed to move fast.

Melbourne, Australia
“Ordinary seafood”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice atmosphere and location. My wife enjoyed the muscles but my whole barramundi (the special for the day) was mushy. Perhaps they were having a bad day but we would not recommend to food.

Melbourne, Australia
“Nice to watch the world go by”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We'd been to Waterfront on several occasions when it was previously one of the feature restaurants at Crown. This is the first time we have been since it has moved down to Southgate. We didn't get off to a good start. We had a booking and whilst we were waited to be seated, a couple with no booking came in behind us and appeared to take our table. I think they realized their mistake and found us another table a few minutes later.

On to the food. I had Sezchuan calamari for entree and it was one of the better calamaris I've had in some time. Mains were brought out in a good time frame but once they were put on the table something didn't quite look right. I was given a mushroom side that I didn't order and my wife's dish was not the type of prawns she ordered along with a missing salad.

We called over the waitress and she quickly realized the couple on the next table had been given our meals and vice-versa. Luckily none of us started as when I looked over they both had the same quizical look on their faces. We did enjoy the food once we got the right meals, however that together with the mix up upon arrival didn't leave us with any great urge to come back anytime soon.

Brisbane, Australia
“average ambience and food”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

very underwhelming. Food hot, however very boring - I was expecting a little more.
Ambience - not the best option along southbank - I will go somewhere at the Crown Casino end of Southbank next time

Visited April 2013