See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Comfortable, clean, lovely private balcony. This motel is a gem. I've stayed here before on one of the ground room floors and loved it just the same. You would not know that you were so close to Melbourne city with views of plants and trees through the windows (ground floor). I've needed peace and quiet on both my visits and certainly found it here. My only concern is that I've been told that it will be closing soon. A loss to all who have need of such reasonably priced & pleasant accommodation with easy access to Melbourne city.

Room Tip: Ground rooms have garden views, first floor rooms have private balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2015

My husband was seriously ill in the RMH and to save time rather than travelling to Bendigo each day I was recommended by a friend to stay at the Parade Inn. On arriving I was greeted warmly by the Receptionist who gave me instructions where to catch the tram to the hospital. It was a very hot day - I proceeded to cross the road when I heard footsteps behind me and probably seeing how weary I was offered to drive me. I was overwhelmend with such kindness.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank auntymopp
Reviewed November 22, 2015

This place seems to have been meticulously maintained since its opening some time in the '70s or early '80s. Quite a heritage piece that sadly will be no more as January 2016 thanks to conversion to luxury townhouses.

If you do stay before then and want to sleep in past 7am, ask for a room away from the construction on the northern side.

As an aside, the rooms feature "one light, one switch", making it much easier to manage than the array of complex controls favoured by more modern places, which could learn a thing or two from hoteliers of the past.

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Great place for convenience to everything. While the Motel is rather 'tired' could not complain about the cleanliness of the room. Rather sad to hear the property is being
closed late January for a new development. This is our third stay and hope to have
another before January.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaybee62
Reviewed June 19, 2015

Good location near Melbourne Uni. Close to transport & Brunswick eateries. Room was clean, but the lighting was dim. Promised internet did not work. No milk in room for tea & coffee. Would suggest you stay at Vibe down the road.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo