“Good as is but don't check in after hours!!”
Review of Parade Inn

Parade Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love the location and how near it was to the city and how convenient it is. The room was well equipped with a kitchenette and linen etc. Very good value for money. The reception was very helpful. The breakfast restaurant people were very nice and friendly. However, one of the thick blankets smelled of cockroaches.

My reason for a 1-star service is this. As I had to check in after hours, the reception gave me instructions over the phone and despite me trying to understand and visualise the place, I couldn't figure out where the rooms were when I arrived as the whole place was dark and I was jet lagged. The reception assured me that if I needed help, the night manager will help by just a phonecall.

I apologised for the unearthly hour call and the night manager kindly told me where to go. Everything was all good until the next day when I went to the reception twice for various reasons. I overheard two different sets of people 'complaining' about my late call and my 'stupidity' to the receptionist without realising I can hear them. How I know it was about me? Because they said my room number out!

If it weren't for those two incidences, I would have given this place a 5 star. So my advice? Come to this place if u want a good cheap central place but if u plan to check in after hours or so happen to have a problem after hours, be aware of unwilling night managers...

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, comfy beds with an electric blanket, which was needed that Melbourne weekend. The rooms are basic and no mini bar but sufficient. A couple of days later they phoned to let me know I had left my phone charger behind (I hadn't even realized) and they returned it to me free of charge. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Easy access to the city from a clean comfortable motel style hotel. As a previous review mentioned the rooms can get cold and wi-fi should be standard in all city hotels at this stage but altogether the parade inn ticked most of the boxes that we needed with a warm shower, good location and decent breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good size clean rooms. This is basic motel accomodation, and there is no wifi yet (my only gripe). The service from the staff was above and beyond what I have received in 5 star hotels. The trams are outside the door, 5-10 minutes to city on tram. Bridie O'Reillys is a few minutes walk for an excellent meal and 10% discount if you show your room tag. They have tea and coffee making facilities. I stayed here on a business trip and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again with family on our next trip to Melbourne!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Pros: Economical; brekki is fine; gree parking; great location for getting to Melb CBD; tram stop out front; nice balcony; quiet, clean, breakfast were very accommodating- they offered to cook my toast in their kitchen when the buffet toaster was being used.
Cons: bathroom and kitchenette need updating; room got cold during the night

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jasbean
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A fairly basic motel that ticks all the right boxes, suits the budget concious, super friendly staff, close to public transport, free car parking, comfortable beds, very clean rooms, great showers & nice & sound proof. Had a great sleep there & will definitely be back next time we head to Melbourne

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank P0llycat
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Jan 2012. Our room was fairly clean (all except for a thick layer of dust under the fridge), and the bathroom was quite spacious. The towels were a bit tatty, but clean. As part of our stay we got included car park and continental breakfast which was the best part about our stay. The breakfast was plentiful. Also, having the tram stop in front of the inn and being so close to Sydney road (shops) were good points. Bad parts of our stay were the noise from the train which is close by. It did wake us a couple of times in the early morning. A cab ride to the city was about $15-$20.
For what we paid for the room, we were happy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple