Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$98
$117
$112
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$186
$182
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$178
$116
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
$200
$230
$170
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
$129
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

All reviewsbar downstairsfree tram zonecinemacomputerscbdheaps
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Stayed here for a couple nights in August in a private room. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, and very good for meeting people in the bar area. The wifi was good although only available in the lobby. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Was an awesome trip seems to be alot of homless people that stay there and alot of druggy people around the area during the day its awesome they all come out at night..!!! Reception Guys are cool the big guy Molloy always singing was funny and always smiling was very kind as well and also looks like a guy you dont want to mess with lols but hes an awesome person a big teady bear...!! as my friend says the other guys were fun as well joining in with a few stuff We also played the floor is lava was alot of fun summer is going to be sick at this place i reckon i look forward to coming back

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank bukagaele47
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my girlfriend for 4 days in a share accommodation with 4 beds.
The room was ok, nothing special. The toilets are terrible and the shower was never hot enough.

The wifi is terrible and work only in common areas. Otherwise, you have to pay at least $5 to use for 24 hours.

To leave my luggages storage at the hostel, I had to pay $8 for 8 hours.

They said that the breakfast is the most important meal in a day, but I just don't know anyone who can survive with just a loaf and jam. Milk, tea, hot water and cereal. That's it.

I highly not recommend. I think there are another options much better.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luccas S
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Comment for the ppl still thinking to stay here: this is a very high value hostel I have ever lived, highly recommended. Although I did saw many passive comment about this hostel, but for me, I think it is a very high value hostel with the price it offer. I have been stay in Melbourne for 8 months, this is the first place that I would like to stay longer.

All the employees here are very friendly, the equipments here also surprised me a lot, the shower room is big, there's a bar, movie cinema, big lobby, room is quite big as well. I have been work and lived in a sharing house in Melbourne for 8 month already, and this is my first time choosing hostel to live in in Melbourne, there's many reasons that I don't like staying in hostel, too many bad experiences from the past, however, under my friend's recommendation, I choose discovery Melbourne this time, and DISCOVERY MELBOURNE did surprised me in many aspects. I stay in this hostel for totally three nights only, but I would like to stay longer in the future, although there still some little problem like the heater or the light in the room didn't get repaired in our room, it still didn't make any effect on my high recommendations. I think people who work here running this hostel, this business with their truly and warmly heart, I enjoy my stat here a lot.

Since I enjoy my stat here a lot, I found an interesting aspect and would like to give my suggestion to the manager here, the employee work in the front desk told me that I can write my comment on this website and the manager will read, therefore, the following suggestion from my sincere heart to the Discovery Melbourne:

In the three days I stayed here, every time I went for the shower room for WC, showering, wash hand or brush my teeth purposes, I always can hear the water leaking, and I found out most water leaking sound were come from shower room, and I found out there's no problem to make the tap tight, however, maybe the ignorance from ppl. I give this suggestion and write this comment is because I know for running a business, all the cost will put into the price, and I would like to stay in Discovery Melbourne in the future :-) therefore, helping for saving some unessential wasting water, and helping saving some budget for all the backpackers :-)

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank ティン マ
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

The best part about staying here was leaving. Booled and thought i paid online until i got to reception to check in.....half an hour before the problem was sorted. Rooms were literally a bed and a storage rack, i didnt expect much but c'mon. I wouldnt say the place was dirty but it was definitely old. Only.one window in our room opened, tge other waz seized shut. We webt out for dinner and vot back.after 11pm so made an effort to keep quiet and not distub other patrons. Shouldnt have worried about that because we were the ones kept up all night by people having loud sex on one side of us and on the other side was a bloody party! Its more of a wannabe american frat house than a youth hostel. Oh and the brealfast that we paid for, it was packed up.vy the time we got downstairs at 830 am.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Arnie_69
DiscoveryMelbourne, General Manager at Discovery Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Good Morning and Thank you for your review - I appreciate your comments and feedback - I would like to understand exactly what you encountered while checking in - Was it that your booking wasn't with us?? If you can contact me directly to see what exactly happened that would be great. Also yes our building is 100 years old but is keep clean and tidy and well maintained with continuous improvements happening all the time to ensure our customers are taken care of.
I am sorry you were kept up at night by people having loud sex next door - This is out of our control I'm afraid, however for the people having a "party"if you had popped down to reception something would have been done about this.
I will investigate as to why breakfast was packed up at 8.30am, this to me seems odd considering each day it isn't packed away until 9.30 - 10.00am.
I am more than happy to look into these things for you but please contact me directly and provide me with a bit more detail - Thank you once again for your review.