See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was really easy to find. Good location with only like 20 minutes to the main federation square and really so many restaurants and shops to use. The kitchen was big enough for everyone but didn't have enough cutlery or anything like that for everyone and things were often not working. But overall I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: I would go for one on a higher floor due to the bar being underneath the ground floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed four nights at this hotel - which was most likely three nights too long. Discovery Melbourne is a way too big hostel with a dirty kitchen (they had someone to do the dishes for several hours) with old utensils and low quality cookers. The small room we stayed in had no decoration at all, only a double bed was placed in the middle of the room. The shared bathrooms were very dark and not particulary clean. The staff is even though helpful and the location is excellent if you are looking for a party.

Next time we are in Melbourne we'll find a different place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EirikH
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a very big hostel, feels like a factory, but has everything you need. The rooms are really clean and it has a nice atmosphere. The only improvement is the kitchen, too many insects and dishes and bags and not enough utensils, cookers don't work always and not enough space in the stinky fridges.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks in a 4 share. Beds were comfy, but there was no a/c & we were nxt to building work. Even so, it was a great hostel to meet other backpackers & get drunk in the hostel bar or on the rooftop. There is also a cafe that sells decent food for a good price & a big cinema room to chill in when youre feeling a bit fragile. The worst thing about the hostel was the kitchen. Its too small for the size of the hostel & no one cleaned up after themselves. Makes meal times very irritating. Reception open 24hrs & staff are helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lufctrippers
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I only stayed here one night, but found the 16 bed dorm a comfortable place to crash for the night. Obviously bring ear plugs so you don't have to listen to people snoring and skyping during the night. I found it to be clean wherever I went. Though I did not use the kitchen. The staff were helpful whenever I needed something. I would certainly return to this hostel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo