This is one of the smaller Mantra studio apartments in the middle of Melbourne City Centre close to the business district, shopping and restaurants. The hotel is within walking distance to Collins and Bourke Streets, one of the main shopping and eating precincts in the city, with Chinatown nearby as well. An attraction for sport fans is that the Mantra is an easy 5 minute stroll to the Rod Laver Arena and Melbourne Cricket Grounds for tennis and cricket. Coffee bars and cafes abound around the hotel, some even open for a lazy Sunday brunch.
Our stay was part of a sports holiday package associated with the Australian Open late in January this year. This was our second stay at the Mantra, mainly for its location and also the requirement for space with two teenage kids in tow. Our two bedroom apartment was comfortable and clean, with a good functioning kitchen, and invaluable laundry facilities! Rooms are serviced daily with no extra charges.
I was a bit apprehensive at first being on the first floor as the master bedroom and living area overlooked the street but surprisingly, noise levels were not annoying - even during weekdays. The only drawback with the Mantra is that Internet access is by cable in the rooms and charge rates were expensive. This is rather disappointing with the prevalence of wifi and cheap Internet these days. Definitely room for improvement here. There is however, a McDonald's outlet around the corner offering wifi for those in need.
All in all, this is a well run 3 star establishment offering good value for money. There is no pool or restaurant on the premises but staff are friendly and helpful which count towards a positive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers guests maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's cosmopolitan CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, the hotel offers modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. The hotel's spacious apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with iPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers contemporary accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort, the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne