“Highly recomended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mantra 100 Exhibition
Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Highly recomended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed for four nights there and had a fantastic time as for the staff a special mention for dewi and jasdeep who were extreamly helpful in all aspects and were ready to help anytime and extreamly cheerful. It is located in one the most central location of the CBD of melbourne.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank harshadparekh76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Port Lincoln, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Rooms large bright and airy with quality bed and furniture. Very comfortable but rooms at rear of building subject to some intrusive noise from night clubs or pubs on Saturday night. Otherwise it is a great location and recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms toward front or higher up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mantra100, Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts for other travellers!

I appreciate your concern regarding noise from nearby establishments, I'm just in the process having recently started at the property of seeing if there is anything we can do to lessen this - in the meantime we are always happy to place pre-allocate rooms in quieter parts of the building if anyone is a light sleeper.

Warm regards,

Campbell Lee
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in October and found this Mantra to be in a great location in central Melbourne. We were in a 1 bedroom apartment and it was a decent size. The apartment was a bit dated and they could leave some more cutlery and utensils i.e. There were 3 of us staying and we got 3 forks, 3 knives etc. The staff were all helpful when we spoke to them. Overall a decent place to stay, not luxurious but nice.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank imac2411
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear imac2411,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay; it is pleasing to hear our location suited your needs in Melbourne and that our staffs were helpful. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Mantra 100 Exhibition
Tasmania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was close to rod laver arena and it cost just under $10 to taxi from there when it was just two of us and $27 when we took the whole group in a maxi taxi. (Slow traffic on the way to the concert) The hotels location is great being just a few minutes walk to shopping, restaurants and the regent theatre. The hotel itself was well presented and the staff were friendly and helpful. We arrived early so they were happy to store our luggage and give us a call when the room was ready. They also stored it after checkout until our ride arrived in the afternoon. We had a two bedroom apartment and used the sofa bed in the lounge too. We all slept well after a big night out, you can hear the traffic which is to be expected given the location, but this doesn't phase us. We didn't hear any noise at all from other guests. The only negatives I could find is the shower wasn't the best and the bath very small, but these things weren't overly concerning to us, just mentioning in case it's vital to others. The apartment was comfortable and suited our needs and we would stay again.

Stayed October 2013
Dear TasMum,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the apartment comfortable and suited your needs. We also appreciate your comments in regard to our location and friendly and helpful staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mantra 100 Exhibition.
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in late May with my 18 month daughter. I am also a travel agent.
I paid per night for a cot to be in the room for my daughter....I should have read this site first because I've now learnt other customers got this for free!!
On my first night I had a housekeeping staff member walk into my room without knocking, while I was having a bath. I had to scream at him to leave now as he shouldn't be in my room, it took me saying this 3 times before he left! After complaining to reception, I was told that the reason he was there was to make sure the cot was ok, and was offered only a sorry from the girl at reception. She told me my complaint would be passed onto management but I heard nothing from them throughout my whole stay.
On our second night one of the towels left in the bathroom had a massive hair ball stuck to it.
There was quite a bit of rain on our third night there and waking up the following morning found the carpet under the windows (which were closed all night) in the lounge area completely saturated. I asked to be moved to another room for our final night as the room smelt damp and I wasn't comfortable having my daughter in that environment. They did change rooms for me, which was good.
I must admit after my first nite experience my decision was made that I would never stay there again and would never recommend to any of my customers wanting to travel to Melbourne. Perhaps an apology or recognition from management of what happened may have changed my mind. Overall, very bad service!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank User115
Dear User115,

Many thanks for your review on your stay with us at Mantra 100 Exhibition back in May. It is disappointing to hear there were aspects of your stay that did not meet expectations. I apologise for these. I was partially disappointed to hear that our housekeeping department walked in on you without knocking. This is unacceptable and we are very sorry for this occurrence.
I have shared your comments with my front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff and I expect improvements to be made in this area. Please accept my apologies for not receiving a response to your feedback, this is also unacceptable and I will investigate why this was not brought to my attention earlier. I appreciate your feedback and allowing us to learn from our mistakes. I hope you will consider us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mantra 100 Exhibition.
Montrose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

In July, my husband and 1 year old daughter stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment.
The apartment was large, clean and contained all necessities.
Porta cot was provided free of charge.
Location is great, we stayed here as close to both the city and MCG.
Service at reception was great.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room was excellent, with a fantastic view. The location is spot on.
The staff were super friendly and helpful, as was the manager.
We were so surprised and impressed by our experience I don't think we'd want to spend a weekend in Melbourne in any other hotel.
The bed was so comfy and we slept really well.
The value for money is great too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple