We stayed here for 5 nights in end of July-Aug 2013. We managed to get a good deal through the visa promotions, and only paid $700 for 5 nights (vs room rack rate advertised at $900 for the same period.
The 1-br was spacious enough for two people, and maybe 3 if the 3rd person was small enough to fit into the sofa. The bedroom was quite small, but adequate in size, and there was plenty of wardrobe space. There was a 2 seater sofa, an armchair and a tv with limited foxtel channels. The kitchen was small, but still adequately equipped. There is a microwave/oven, kettle, a two burner induction stove and complete utensils for those who want to cook in the room.
The toilet was quite strange though - there was half a pane of glass in the bathtub, which didn't stop the water from the shower getting into the floor. There should have been a shower curtain instead to keep the water from splashing into the floor.
There is also a washer/dryer in the room - you probably need to ask the desk staff to show you how to work this as it took me a while to make the washing machine work.
The desk staff were all very helpful - whatever time, day or night.
The location itself was very good. The free shuttle was less than 100m away from the hotel, and the free tram was just one street back from the hotel (about 100-150m). It's about a 1.5 km walk back from the Federation square, which was easy enough considering you're walking through the CBD and enjoying the views at the same time. There is a 7-11 just two doors down from the hotel entrance, so it was very convenient as well to buy necessities even in the middle of the night.
Would definitely stay here again when we go back to visit Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers guests maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's cosmopolitan CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, the hotel offers modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. The hotel's spacious apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with iPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers contemporary accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort, the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking.Nearby parking available – fees apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne