Our family of 2 adults and 3 young children stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 br apartment during the Australian Open Tennis. We booked about 10 days ahead and secured a room for $309/night, the hotel matching an advertised internet rate.
The location is great for the tennis, about 10 min. walk at max. Chinatown, trams, Bourke Street Mall, Federation Square all an easy walk.
On the PLUS SIDE of the apartments themselves, they were quite roomy,clean,secure. We had 2 queen beds(both comfy) and a fold-out sofa plus kitchenette,washing machine/dryer combined,2 small tv's and plenty of hangers and cupboard space.You get a choice of 5 different type of pillow!
On the DOWNSIDE, the apartments are converted office space and lack character,despite the odd picture and occasional attempt at decor. I kept saying, "I feel like I'm sleeping at the office"(not that I ever have!). The corridors are narrow and despite there being 10 floors, lifts only go to the 9th. Needless to say, we were on the 10th floor and had to take the stairs the final floor.The corridors were not air conditioned and the 1 air conditioner in the living room of our apartment struggled to keep us cool. The garbage trucks at the rear of the building woke us each morning at 4.30a.m(ask for a room facing the street instead)......plus,you need a degree to operate the dryer component of the washer/dryer. Only 1 toilet/bathroom for 5 people also had its shortcomings.
Would I stay here again? Possibly, especially for the tennis due to the easy walk. I was a little disappointed in the whole building's ambience but service overall was good, the price was fair and it was clean. Happy travels!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, the hotel offers modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. The hotel's spacious apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with iPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas. Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort, the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking.Nearby parking available – fees apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne