Stayed 5 days at this service apartment in a 1-bedroom unit and found it spacious and clean. However, it takes some time for the sole aircon in the unit to heat up/cool down the room and there is no shower curtain available which irritates me as I do not appreciate a wet bathroom.
It comes fully equipped with pots/pans/microwave/knife and other cooking utensils as well as washing powder for the washing machine, which is a pleasant surprise for me. Iron and ironing board are also available, though the hotel do provide dry-cleaning service with same-day turnaround time. All these are important to a business traveller. Wireless network is available at a cost.
As for nearby amenities, there is a 7-eleven just a few shops away, an IGA store further down the road, a 24-hr MacDonald's around the corner, a tram stop diagonally opposite the hotel, and a train station (Parliament station) within 10 mins' walk away. A free city tram bus stop is also available near the Parliament station.
It is quite close to Chinatown where there is no lack of restaurants. As I would consider it to be on the fringe of the city centre, it is away from the tourist hustle and bustle and is a quiet and yet convenient apartment to stay in for leisure stay as well.
Hotel staff are friendly. I was provided a map immediately upon check-in with places such as the nearest convenience store, supermarkets, etc marked out for me by the staff, which I appreciated.
Overall, a hotel which I would consider going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spacious, contemporary designed one and two bedroom apartments, Mantra 100 Exhibition offers guests maximum comfort in the heart of Melbourne's cosmopolitan CBD. Surrounded by Melbourne's famous fashion boutiques, theatres and restaurants, the hotel offers modern apartments with quick and easy access to popular entertainment and sporting venues. The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and Federation Square are just a few. The hotel's spacious apartments are all stylishly furnished and featuring air-conditioning, LCD Televisions with digital channels and Foxtel stations, stereo's with iPod docking stations and CD player, kitchenette, laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas Mantra 100 Exhibition Street delivers contemporary accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. For your comfort, the hotel and all apartments at Mantra 100 Exhibition Street are strictly non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra 100 Exhibition reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Melbourne
- Mantra 100 Exhibition Hotel Melbourne