“Truthfully, its just ok”

Ranked #70 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Truthfully, its just ok”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This was our first time to Melbourne. I checked the trip advisor to see if this hotel was ok before we booked and the comments seemed to be that the hotel was fantastic!
The greating was lovely, the hotel has been refurbished which also was nice. But the main problem we had was the Beds. We have stayed in a lot of hotels, but these beds were shocking. We didnt sleep, i was sore all over. My Daughter had a sofa bed & when we arrived the blanket was dirty and to have it replaced with a blanket that had cigarette holes in it. And on the Sat night there was loud music and people singing up until 6am. After all day shopping and walking around, if you like to finally rest on a comfy bed, & quiet room this isnt the place...sorry! P.s We also woke up with bites, and we think they were from bed bugs.

Room Tip: We had friends who were staying at the Holiday Inn, and wish we booked it with them. The rooms were...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Moosaroo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you found the greeting that you received to be lovely and that you found our refurbished rooms to be nice. I am sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay and we will see what we can do to make improvements in those areas.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra 100 Exhibition again soon.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here for two nights Thurs/Friday, booked through Expedia, best rate. Awesome location for all Melbourne has to offer. Room was spotless and plenty of room. No kettle on arrival but that was fixed immediately. Only negative for us......there should be coffee plungers but no biggy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear aussiedreamer2,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Mantra 100 Exhibition. It is pleasing to hear you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to seeing you again when you next travel to Melbourne. Also I will see what I can do about the coffee plungers!

Paynesville, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The Mantra Hotel is very conveniently located for us when we visit Melbourne. China town with all of its great restaurants are just across the road. A bottle shop is also across the road it you want to pick up a bottle of wine or beer. It is only a few blocks to the center of the city shopping. The rooms are clean, comfortable and roomy, car parking is also available and reasonably priced. They have a nice restaurant/bar downstairs with great food as well. Staff are friendly and you can check in online so you don't have to wait long at reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city lights.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mantra100, Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Trixy57,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2011

What a brilliant hotel!

Firstly, upon entry, I was warmly greeted by the receptionist. In spite of arriving very early in the morning, they were so courteous and offered to store my bags and call me soon as a room became available. What a great start to my Melbourne stay!

As soon as I walked into the apartment, it looked airy and comfortable, with floor to ceiling windows, sliding doors, new furniture, ample wardrobe space and great modern finishings and appliances: TV, dvd, microwave, kettle. It was spacious and bright, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend time in. The decor is also tasteful and new.

The location is perfect, close to anywhere you may wish to go in the CBD.

I truly felt like this was my own private apartment during the 2 days I spent there and, having stayed in a number of other Melbourne hotels in a similar price range, I can't rate this one highly enough. Exceeded expectations on all counts.

Big thanks to the ever-friendly staff! Keep up the good work, you made my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Tori171,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be in a good location and a home away from home. We are very proud of our recently refurbished rooms and are please to receive such glowing feedback. We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra 100 in the future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Mantra 100 Exhibition is a refit of what was, presumably, an old office building. It's not bad; certainly comfortable, but its age is showing.
Apart from filthy windows (and I don't see how it would even be possible to clean them), the place was spotless. The room was also very large, which is a bonus.
Although I was travelling for business on this occasion, school holidays meant I had my ten year old daughter with me. Giving her the main bed, I reluctantly accepted a sofa bed, and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it was.
One pain was the television remote. When will someone figure out a way to make hotel remotes work properly? Most of them are bad, but this one was almost useless. It took a lot of persistence to get it to do anything!
I was also annoyed at the lack of consistency between the stated policy of the hotel around towels. Despite following the instructions to 'hang your towel on the rail' if you don't want it changed, housekeeping nonetheless thought it was necessary to give us three fresh towels despite only getting one use out of the two we had to start with! And like most hotels, they're too lazy to provide a recycling bin, so I was left with that guilty feeling of leaving my recyclables next to the garbage bin knowing they'd go to landfill...
The kitchen is well-equipped, and although we only stayed two nights, I was surprised to see there was a washing machine for longer stays, so the room would be very comfortable for a week.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank trevar
Dear Trevar,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to provide some useful feedback. I was please to hear you found our new sofa beds comfortable, our rooms spacious and that cleaning was up to standard.

I appreciate your comments about some of our sort comings. We have booked the window washers and our maintenance crew have addressed the remote issue. I will be reminding our housekeeping department about the towels.

I hope we get a chance to welcome you back to Mantra 100 in the future.

Canberra
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in a 1 brm apt overlooking Exhibition st. The whole place has been recently renovated & was super clean (i'm very fussy about that!). Our room had plenty of space for us and a portacot, and the staff were great- very friendly and accommodating, negotiating a good deal for us on the rate for a 5 night stay.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ESchmid
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear ESchmid,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel in such a positive light. As a team we appreciate your comments and we are glad you enjoyed our freshly renovated rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My family from Newcastle booked five rooms in October 2011. The rooms were spacous and comfortable. The lane was a bit noisy in the wee hours but the service, particularly from Andre was faultless. Best reception manager ever experienced. Great place, great holiday. Close to MCG, Lygon Street & shopping. It was unanimous. Cant wait to return. Make sure you keep Andre.

Room Tip: Walk a lot and have a few Carlton Draughts and it doesnt matter. Also dont waste money on airport t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mantra100, General Manager at Mantra 100 Exhibition, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Joe D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the positive review and comments. All my staff work hard to provide a high level of service and I am pleased to hear that Andre helped to make you stay special. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mantra 100 Exhibition.