It was only a short stay but value for money was very good in the 1br apartment I was in.
Spacious rooms with the bedroom placed in the room furthest from the lift. Blinds that closed completely (believe it or not this is something that many places just don't get right!).
Spotless room, lots of towels (not too keen on the soap dispenser in the shower), well lit and comfy bed with pillows that weren't too high.
The ironing board in the room was broken however a brand spanking new one was delivered within 5 minutes of calling down - with a follow up call to check if it had arrived and all was ok! Wanted a shower cap but there wasn't one. I guess if I had called down they would have sent somethign up but overall the amenities were sparse. This is pretty common in longer term stay places so not really unexpected.
Very central in the CBD however the Elizabeth Street facing rooms could probably get a little noisy withthe trams combined witht he current roadworks (not that I experienced this).
Bedrooms were unique as you could open the windows for fresh air which is something one tends to miss when cooped up in a hotel!
Service was friendly and accomodating and security was good.
Overall a very good solid apartment hotel for the short time I was there. Would stay again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne is located in the heart of the city's central business district with a labyrinth of lane-ways, restaurants and shopping precincts only moments away. Positioned perfectly for both the business and leisure traveller, Somerset on Elizabeth offers the convenience of location and contemporary living, fused with the highlights of Melbourne's food, arts and entertainment culture. The modern serviced apartments offer 135 spacious one and two-bedrooms, each with separate living and dining areas, fully-equipped kitchens and modern amenities. The property also features a 24-hour reception, business centre services, complimentary wireless broadband internet and a meeting room; as well as a fully-equipped gym, jet pool, sauna and outdoor courtyard. It is easy to enjoy all that Melbourne has to offer when staying at Somerset on Elizabeth, with easy access to transport, sporting grounds, and theatres. As well as being ideally located within walking distance to Emporium Melbourne, the Strand Arcade, H&M including popular shopping precincts Bourke Street Mall and Melbourne Central. Somerset on Elizabeth is the gateway to experiencing Melbourne's famous precincts and ever-changing culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Somerset on Elizabeth, Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On Elizabeth, Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Somerset On Elizabeth Hotel Melbourne