We stayed in Melbourne for a party in the city and wanted a 2 bedroom apartment right smack bang in the middle of things - and that is exactly what we got! The location is so great, right next to Melbourne Central shopping centre, and two blocks from Bourke St. You have a tram stop outside the front door, the train around the corner and a short stroll to anything.
So if you are looking for somewhere right in the centre of the city this is definetely your place.
But the apartments were tired to say the least, and the whole building could do with an overhaul or a damn good clean up. Scuffs and marks on walls, windows that were so dirty I thought it was raining the whole time, and just really looking sad and tired. It could be so nice if they spent some money on it to give it a little tlc. They might also do well to spend some money on things like bathroom amenities and bins!! The lighting was also horrid with most of the lights being flurescent.
The service wasn't the greatest as reception staff were surly and I was charged $100 deposit which I was not told about, until I enquired on the price. Also, on checkout I was informed that there was a surcharge for any credit card - a complete rort on their behalf to just make money. I mean, how many people pay via credit cards every day??
So all in all, the apartments themselves werent that great, they certainly dont look like their website pictures (they are smallish and tired), but if you want to be close to everything then you couldnt go past this as an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne is located in the heart of the city's central business district with a labyrinth of lane-ways, restaurants and shopping precincts only moments away. Positioned perfectly for both the business and leisure traveller, Somerset on Elizabeth offers the convenience of location and contemporary living, fused with the highlights of Melbourne's food, arts and entertainment culture. The modern serviced apartments offer 135 spacious one and two-bedrooms, each with separate living and dining areas, fully-equipped kitchens and modern amenities. The property also features a 24-hour reception, business centre services, complimentary wireless broadband internet and a meeting room; as well as a fully-equipped gym, jet pool, sauna and outdoor courtyard. It is easy to enjoy all that Melbourne has to offer when staying at Somerset on Elizabeth, with easy access to transport, sporting grounds, and theatres. As well as being ideally located within walking distance to Emporium Melbourne, the Strand Arcade, H&M including popular shopping precincts Bourke Street Mall and Melbourne Central. Somerset on Elizabeth is the gateway to experiencing Melbourne's famous precincts and ever-changing culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Somerset on Elizabeth, Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset On Elizabeth, Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Somerset On Elizabeth Hotel Melbourne