WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street

Hotel Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Kuala Lumpur
“A good night's sleep close to southern cross...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Location - Close to
Southern cross station (less than 5 minutes walk) - also gives you access to skybus to airport
Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre (15 minutes walk)
Federation Square (15 minutes walk)
Queen Victoria Market (15 minutes walk)
Map available in hotel for free to move around

Can be isolated at night and since it adjacent to King's cross street - be careful at night (especially weekends). There is a bar and backpackers hostel next to hotel.

Rooms are clean, comfortable, 2 pillows provided. Ironing facilities available in room. TV with good range of channels (including a few sport channels). Bathroom with shower and bathtub. Don't expect views from your window. Fridge available. No safe in room. Wifi for a fee.

No room service. I had a faulty remote, had to go down to change it myself!

Food: Pie face (southern cross), Subway (King's street), Hudson's cafe (King's street) and other choices available less than 5 minutes.

If you're looking for a place just to sleep over, this is your best bet for the price you are getting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank john_gpjm
Ibis3030, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear John_gpjm

Many thanks for your valuable feedabck based on your recent stay.

It is pleasing to hear that overall you were happy with your stay.

Apologies that you had to come to Reception to change the remote. We have discussed this with Reception, outlining differing options to provide a better standard of service in the future.

We look forward to welcoming your back in the near future.

Mary Ellen O'Malley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Chose this hotel only because it's close to the Southern Cross Station, which is very convenient to take the skybus to and from the airport. However, when i arrived, i found this hotel is located in a dark alley, don't look very safe and i was not feel comfortable with this location. When i check-in, the receptionist assigned me a dirty room which i felt quite surprise this happened in the Accor Hotel Group, which is so call an international hotel chain...very unprofessional. No free wi-fi in the room. The room is not clean and i have had itchiness.

The worst thing was i went out for shopping for the whole morning one day and felt extremely tired. I went back to hotel at around 3pm and take a short break before i go out again. Someone knock my door, she was the housekeeping staff and she want to clean the room. I said please come back 30 minutes later and she said "No" as this is her last room. I have no choice and let her clean my room while i was taking a rest in room. She just take a few minutes to clean the bathroom and i really doubt of thier cleaning standard.

If anyone of you choose this hotel because of the location, i found there's another hotel call Vibe Hotel, which is also opposite to the southern cross station but located in the main street. I never stay in this hotel before, but for the location, this hotel should be much better than Ibis.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ibis3030, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Bonbon888888

Thank you for your time to provide valuable feedback about your recent stay at the hotel.

The hotels location is in one of the many Melbourne iconic Little streets, that are part of the city’s characteristic footprint. It is disappointing that you hear you did not find the location at all appealing. Being on a Little street ensures that trams are not up and down the street.

We sincerely apologise for checking you into dirty room - that is certainly not ever our intention -
I do hope that you came to Reception and had the matter rectified - and that this was dealt with swiftly.

Access to in room wifi is at a charge of $10.00 per 24 hours. We do offer a 15 minute free daily internet access in the foyer at a terminal.

Housekeeping are cleaning rooms till 4.00pm on a daily basis. Our apologies that the room attendant did not handle your matter in a manner that we strive to achieve. The department are discussing this feedback and working thru ways to provide a much better level of customer service. We do recommend if you require your room to be cleaned by a specific time to advise Reception on your way out to enable us to action.

We wish you all the best with your travels.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

For a cheaper style of hotel, I found IBIS to be pretty good. Clean rooms, abiet small, quiet and does the job. Close to spencer street station and trams. Cant really fault the hotel. For a single night, its great for the casual user.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ibis3030, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Accortraveller

Many thanks for your time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

It is great to hear that it suited your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next in the area.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hi travel to Melbourne each week from Sydney. I also stay at various motels on my trips. Often than not, it ends up being an Accor Hotel and as such, I am a "Platinum" card holder. I usually enjoy Accor as you are provided with a very consistent service throughout the world.
My review is more about my last stay here. After a VERY long day, I arrived and checked in at about 7pm. I went to my room and switched the A/C on as it was 26c in the room. I understand that it takes time for a room to cool down, especially after a reasonably hot day. I went out at 7:30 for dinner. When I returned, 2 1/2 hrs later, the room was still as hot. I went downstairs and talked to the manager. He came up and fiddled with the A/C and said he had fixed it. 15min later he rang to see how it was going. I told him it was still 26c in the room. His reply was that "Unfortunately, i had to wait for it to cool" I had to give it a chance" This didnt go down to well with me. However, I did wait a further 20 min. By 10:45pm, the temp in the room was still the same. I actually packed my bags and went downstairs. Thats when he finally said he would change my room.
As I said, I usually enjoy staying at Accor, no matter which Accor it is, but this manager was about the rudest person I have met. I was treated almost with contempt.
If you decide to stay here, I hope you get a different manager.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Achybear

Thank you for your time in sharing feedback relating to your recent experience at the hotel.

I sincerely apologize and this is certainly not the level we strive to achieve.

If you would be so kind to contact me directly on 03 9672 0384 to discuss
the situation in some more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you.