Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$123
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Breakfast included
$87
  • Bar/Lounge
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
  • Room Service
$69
$67
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
$126
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$232
$230
$184
1,267 results
All reviewssouthern cross stationbourke streetskybus terminalroom was cleanspencer stsky busrooms are smallshort walketihad stadiumair conshort staybuffet breakfastgood sizenight staypublic transportvictoria marketconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location was fine, and staff were friendly, but we got little response when air conditioning not working. Not offered a new room but given a fan. Not so good when temperatures in high 30s. No repairs made and no follow up from hotel.

Room Tip: Check that air con works. If it doesn't keep complaining. We should've asked for a refund.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibis3030, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear PeterandBeryl

Our sincere apologies that we did not attend to your needs satisfactorily in relation to the air conditioning temperature in your room. The comfort of our guests is extremely important to us.

We thank you for taking the time to share this information, so we can change our processes of communicating with guests whilst still inhouse to have matters better rectifiy to their satisfaction.

We wish you all the best with your travels.

many thanks

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a good memory from my last stay at an Ibis Hotel. It was something like ten years ago in Bucharest… So, let’s say that my comfort standard are becoming much more demanding with age… Ibis is a bed very close to Southern Cross Station (and the airport bus) which is exactly what I needed for my short Melbourne business trip.
I arrived at the hotel at 10.30am and my room wasn't available. Check-in is 2pm (check-out 10am… I know it is very common in Australia hospitality but I can't help to find that really abusive from the hotel's industry). I was then directed to a room where I could left my bags. Room that is not looked after so if you want to be safe, you need to use the pay luggage consigne (depending of the size, $7 or so for 5h). I was told by the reception girl that she will call me as soon as my room is ready. She didn't… But when I came back at 1pm I could access my room.
Apart from this little promise that was not kept, reception staff were always very nice and welcoming.
Room was super small, I was on the 9th floor but had no view, towels are super old and thin, complimentary shampoo bottle was half full and not replaced the next day and when I came back very late from work (at like 2am on Sunday morning) I could hear the boom boom boom from the music of the club in the street. Just imagine people trying to sleep on the lower floors…
Sounds pretty bad, einh! I'm just describing my stay but I wasn't disappointed. I wasn't expecting anything else from this hotel. When I did my search, that was the cheapest hotel close to the station and that is all what I needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Floangale.

Thank you for your time to provide your valuable feedback on your stay at the hotel.

The hotels location is close to Southern Cross station and this places us adjacent to the entertainment district of the CBD - at times these neighbours can be noisy - we work proactively with the local authorities and nearby residents in addressing these matters.

Check in time can be a challenge when set at 2.00pm with a check out time of 11.00am. In the event guests arriving prior to this time - subject to the availability of the room type being clean, guests are check in immediately for ease and convenience of all parties. If guests require to guarantee access to a room earlier than the check in time it is advised that the room is booked the night before.

Our sincere apologies that the Receptionist did not follow up with her promise to call once the room was ready - this is a gesture we try to offer - but unfortunately we missed the mark on this occasion.
It is pleasing to hear that they offered you a warm friendly welcome.

We have addressed your comments in relation to the housekeeping, replacement of shampoo bottles and condition of the towels for rectification. As are team they are working on the matters to ensure this does not happen in the future.

The room sizing within the hotel is compact and there are no views even from the 9th floor the highest level of accommodation.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and we wish you all the best with your travels.

Mary Ellen O’Malley

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 days from Feb 7th 2013 and we loved our stay. After a long flight we were greeted by a very smiley and happy face who was more than happy to check us into our room early and give us heaps of information about the local area.
We noticed that along the road there were a few hostels and clubs but we always felt very secure here and you needed to use your room key to access the lifts.
The beds were so cozy - we stayed in 4 destinations over 2 weeks and these were the most comfy! we had a great night sleep :)
We would like to say a special mention to the receptionist Zoe - Zoe made our stay excellent by being so friendly and knowledgable about the area - she definitely went the extra mile for Ibis.
We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the restaurant - although it looked like breakfast was at a great price. The cleaning was amazing too - we wasn't even expecting daily cleaning for the price we paid for the hotel. Excellent value.
Plenty of restaurants and shops in the area but also trains/trams/taxi rank nearby.
I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Melbourne :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibis3030, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Brooke

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. The team are pleased to hear your great comments and in particular Zoe - you mentioned.

The team work very hard to provide a friendly welcoming approach to all our visitors.

We wish you all the best with your future travels.

take care

Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wanted to find a reasonably priced hotel near the Melbourne Convention centre and also close to transport. I catch the bus to/from the airport so the IBIS was perfect.

I was upgraded to a room with a king sized bed which was a nice touch. The bed was great. I had read previous comments about noisy neighbours but I had no problem, The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great.

All in all a great budget stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear 20toddy

Many thanks for your time to share your recent experience at the hotel.

We have passed your lovely comments about the friendly staff onto them all and
they very much appreciated the feedback.

At times our neighbours are noisy and it is pleasing to hear they did not casue you any concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back when in the area.

thanks