“Tequilas and Mexican evening”

Amigos Hardware Lane
Reserve with
Amigos Hardware Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #401 of 4,059 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Mexican, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Tequilas and Mexican evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Choice of tequila drinks was impressive as was the food. Ended up with freebies as they forgot us at one stage but was worth the wait. Only bad thing was they manageress hovering around us

perth
“Food is VERY yummy, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the plain nachos, my friend had beef nachos, very nice, generous portions. We were staying close by, and chose to return the next night, where we had chili con queso (DELISH), enchiladas, again, generous portions and the nicest I've had. My friend had chicken tacos -fresh ingredients, "it was so good" was the comment.

• Visited July 2013
“Great atmosphere and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have dined here 3 times now and each time the staff have been really friendly, especially the last time, was served by Carolyn upstairs. She was great. Sangria is lovely, happy hour goes until 8pm and the frozen margarita's are delicious. Great atmosphere, really enjoyable background music. The food is delicious, large portion sizes. The nachos are some of the best I've had anywhere, not overloaded with cheese! Menu has just been changed slightly and we all loved our dishes, two burrito specials and an enchilada. Have had the churros previously and it's a lovely way to finish your meal... if you have room!! Would recommend trying for sure.

Melbourne
“great sangria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

stopped in for a quick drink one Tuesday evening and stayed for two. happy hour prices for generous, good quality sangria and friendly, fast service. Yum!

• Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Ok, but food was average and service was poor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ended up at Amigos because my daughter had picked up vouchers for 50% off from Urban Spoon.

Hardware Lane is a cute little lane packed with restaurants and bands, so we were looking forward to our evening when we arrived at Amigos. Staff were friendly enough when we arrived and the venue is downstairs and cosy. On arrival we were put at a table which was squashed up at the register counter and my back was literally against this so we were treated to staff conversations, eftpos, food being passed over my head and customers beside us most of the night.

The food was plentiful and ok, nothing to write home about but nothing outstanding either. After my entree, the waitress took my dirty cutlery off my plate and put it back on the table telling me I would need it for the main - what? no clean cutlery?! Then she was back when one of us had finished our meal and the others still eating to whizz away that plate - at that stage I put my foot down and told her to leave our plates until we had all finished eating : (

Soooo - it was ok, If we had paid full price we would have been unimpressed - at 50% off it was good value, but we wouldn't race back to it. On the plus side, the cocktails are great.

• Visited June 2013