“Could have been better”

Ranked #668 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Sorry, but stopped in for pre-game food on Friday late afternoon and although could have been great sad to say my food was lukewarm... why oh why does this always seems to happen.. not particularly busy but mine get left somewhere???

Won't go back!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

It is so very hard to find a good burger place these days, this is one of the best I have tried. MW chicken burger - aaaaamazing. Along with a cherry coke float (serious sugar high afterwards, but oh so worth it) and a side of fries to share we basically rolled out of there.

Fast and friendly service & it was great to catch up with friends there. Although I am not sure if you can make a reservation at the burger joint downstairs, we were walking along and happened to score a free table for lunch, the place was packed.

Definitely will be visiting again next time we are in Melbourne.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ate here last week with a group of business colleagues.
The food was very good, but in spite of the fact it was a Monday night and not particularly busy, the service was quote slow - it took quite a while to have our orders taken then for the food to be served.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This review relates to the downstairs Burger Bar...

Having thought that Grilled had nailed this market , i wanted to give these guys a try and in some ways they beat Grilled!

The menu is quite limited but in some ways that is not a negative and it is meant to be a burger bar.

I chose the K.I.S.S burger ....

K.I.S.S: Cheddar, Onions, Pickles, Ketchup, Mustard, Damper Roll - $13 + Fries $5

I am not clear if this is a 'healthy' burger as Grilled have conditioned people to think burgers are healthy however the really rare / pink meat suited my tastes. The juiciness and bun were also a plus. (the bun is not as healthy as the wholemeal one at Grilled for sure, however you can 'upgrade' for a $1 to a wholemeal or gluten free bun)

The American 'yellow' mustard and ketchup were perfect and the chips were standard as opposed to Grilled's 'herb' chips which are not my preference.

I would give this burger a 9 outta 10!!!

... and if Burgers are you thing , this is a must have in Melbourne.

Value wise , it is quite expensive but based on the location expected and I left happy!

The beer choice is pretty good swell and it is served in pint Glasses or mini pots which is cool.

Would I go again....

Yes! Thumbs up!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate at the MerryWell Upstairs Restaurant. Everything on the menu seemed to be extremely expensive at first glance. We ordered our $30 burgers and then had to order our $11 sides of chips! The waitresses didn't understand the menu and weren't interested in answering our questions. These meals were nice but not worth the money.