“Wonderfull Staff and excellent meals”
Review of Mr. Hive

Mr. Hive
Reserve with
Mr. Hive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #478 of 4,034 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderfull Staff and excellent meals”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Metropol over Easter and organised our Easter lunch at Mr Hive. We were totally impressed, I cannot speak highly enough of the wait staff, they were terrific, even when a glass was spilled, they were there within seconds. They were great with the kids too and the children's menu was quite varied. The adults loved the courses, fresh and delicious and when I requested a desert which was not on the menu, it was delivered without fuss and it was magnificent!!! We will most definately be coming back!

Melbourne
“Great service, reasonable food, a little bit over priced”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visited with my girlfriend and a couple of friends on a Thursday night. The ambience, decor and atmosphere of the restaurant were great. An intimate setting for a relaxed dining experience. The service was fantastic, never rushed and those waiting on the tables were very welcoming and happily accommodating.
We started with a few entree's to share, the crispy little pig was a favourite, though at $21, somewhat on the expensive side for 4 small cubes of pork.
I followed up with more pork, the pork belly for main. At $32 this i thought was a very reasonable price considering the location, however i was left dissapointed with the size of the course. My friend had the beef wellington which she gave rave reviews and i had a touch of food envy there!
Finally i had Mrs Hives chocolate bar, which was rather nice although again a touch expensive for what it was at $20.
Overall i would say the restaurant has a fantastic setting and if they increased portion size a little it would warrant 4 stars. There are some hatted restaurants nearby who charge similar prices and give you more for your money. A good choice though for those staying at the Crown Metropol Hotel.

wales
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Service fantastic! There were nine of us and my 9 month old grandson. The food was unbelievable. Every course was outstanding. The whole party enjoyed their food. The atmosphere was very relaxed. Will be a memory of Melbourne that will last forever! If you have the opportunity I would recommend you visit!

Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful meal, friendly service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This meal was part of a deal with the Crown Metropol Hotel. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating to my gluten free requests. My husband and I both had the King Salmon which was delicious with two side dishes. The service was very fast. We would definitely return.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lunch at mr.hive about 2 or 3 weeks ogo”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

the lunch was bad because it has too much salt on the two main course. ried the chefs set menu $75 for 3 course meal. the price was resistible for what we eat. the fish on entree was salt and i near volt. salt make me do their things.the other dish was bland. the two mains one were steak which I could only taste the salt. if you put less salt on you will have a winner. same with the other dish we had as on main. desert cant remember what we had but it was 4 outof 10. dont know if I will go back their or not.

• Visited February 2013