“Wow great food and atmosphere!”
Review of Chin Chin

Chin Chin
Ranked #58 of 4,396 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a Melbourne must. We were told of it by our son and arrived soon after 5pm,and even at that time queues were beginning to form. Food is fantastic, large selection of Asian fusion dishes served tapas style. Excellent service,vibe, and great food.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,730)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had a fabulous meal at chin chin tonight. In town for a couple on business 8 of us and managed to get ourselves a table. Staff were sensational, Amy was very attentive to our every need. Can't wait to go back!!! Well done Amy and thank you for a great night with great food.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Loved it! Great staff, food, location and atmosphere. Prices are affordable ($25-30) and mains are a generous serve. Tip: it's busy, so walk in early and reserve a table, we did so and had no delays.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is my second trip to Chin Chin the first being not long after they first opened. Their high ranking on Trip Advisor is well earned.

I was glad that the restaurant and food was essentially as I remembered. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful and yes you are packed in, but it’s a casual dining experience and from what I hear the wait is long enough without reducing the capacity of the restaurant.

No waiting for us however, we got very lucky by arriving at about 12 noon on Mother’s Day and having a table for two presented to us within 5 minutes. While we were waiting we sat at the upstairs bar and had some water before being shown to our seats.

Food is fresh and delicious and designed to share. We had the chicken and shitake dumplings which were nice, but probably not really worth the $14.00 price tag when there are other dumpling places around for much less. Had I had my time again probably we would have got the Tom Yum soup.

We also ordered the banana leaf wrapped salmon which was fresh and spicy and extremely delicious and the green mango salad. Sides of roti bread and the Vietnamese Mint Punch.

Absolutely no complaints except that the punch was a high proportion ice and less liquid than deserved, but this is common everywhere. Bill for lunch was $93.00. About $38.00 of that consisted of the punch.

Staff were good and able to give good suggestions as to what we might enjoy had we needed their assistance. I will return on my next trip to Melbourne. Chin Chin remains a favourite.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had dinner here on a Tuesday night, arrived at 7.15 pm and were told there was around an hours wait, so we had a drink in the bar downstairs. Almost 2 hours later we got an SMS saying our table was ready, which is a little bit late for a school night!
The vibe is great and the food was nice. Was it worth the wait.. I'm not so sure I would go back, but it was still a good night out and nice food.