“Chin Chin continues the fantastic Food”
Review of Chin Chin

Chin Chin
Ranked #33 of 4,330 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have reviewed Chin Chin before and been there a number of times. My most recent visit ,with a business colleague, reinforced my view that this is a must visit place if you are visiting Melbourne.

OK - you cant book, the place is packed and noisy - minor issues - the food is simply brilliant - just go. Whether you sit at the bar to eat like we did this time - or at a table - I will be back next time I am in Melbourne.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,607)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We finally ate at Chin Chin's today after visiting on three separate occasions and nevr getting a table. And it was worth the wait.

The salt and pepper calamari was delicious, the dumpling soup a standout. We also out the pork wraps and chicken ribs. Both were yummy. But without a doubt, the higight was dessert. I had the banana roti with condensed milk - words cannot describe how delicious this was. My hubby had the honeycomb palm sugar, which was very nice (but was a bit too sweet for me)

Highly recommend this place...it is def worth the wait!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been twice at Chin Chin, both times the place was almost full, so we had to sit by the bar, but in this place that also works really well. First time we were surpriced by the amount of food we got - one dish is often big enough to share. We ate the massaman curry and it was superb, also the sticky pork was really good. Second time we went we shared the green curry, it was good but too salty. All in all, this is a lovely place to go and the dishes have a modern touch and are executed really well.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

One of the top restaurants of Melbourne. Busy, busy, busy...but a great atmosphere. Wonderful Thai/Japanese/Malay - Asian food presented in an elegant and attractive way. Ask for a table at the bar..to see the action. Very friendly and efficient staff - its Showtime!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Enjoyed a late Saturday lunch with a group of 7. Our local friends knew that this restaurant is always busy and a table can be hard to get without a booking. So, at about 2.30, the place was humming. We were fortunate to be seated and our waiter was very friendly and helpful with menu choices as well as helping to match wines with our meals. We shared a range of dishes between us and totally enjoyed the fresh tastes and the fusion of flavours. Probably my least favourite was a vegetarian dish which was a little too spicy (hot) for my taste, but hey, that's the joy of trying foods that you haven't experienced before. Everything else was super and we enjoyed tasting each new dish as it appeared. Yes it was noisy, yes it was crowded, but this all added to a relaxed afternoon shared with friends, good food and wine with great service.