“Awesome Asian bakery”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Brisbane
“Awesome Asian bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Having spent many years in Asia, I can vouch that BreadTop is as close to an authentic Asian bakery as it can get. Red bean bun, pork floss bun, BBQ pork bun, pineapple bun, green tea bun - hmm... I'm back in Asia and stuffing my face with comfort food.
The disappointing thing are the prices - I'm so used to cheap prices in Asia that my mind battles against the Aussie prices in front of my eyes. That said, I'd rather grab a snack from Breadtop than from boring Maccas.
Breadtop fills my tummy with warm delights! As other reviewers have commented, service could be better, which baffles me because Breadtop is a franchise. Every franchisee should train their staff to be more courteous and appreciative of customers. It doesn't bother me because I'm used to getting poor service from hole-in-the-wall bakeries in Asia. But Aussies like to interact and therefore expect better service.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TADoc

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“shop assistant is rude.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went to Breadtop shop in Docklands with my entertainment book vourcher, (shop address: 25 -29 Star Crescent, Harbour Town), shop assistants told me they have never heard of it, and don't accept the vourcher. Told me to go away and try tomorrow again!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank CrystalBell01
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Asian bakery, just like HK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Having spend a year living in HK I am always on the lookout for a bakery that does the Asian style baked goods like you get everywhere in HK. Breadtop, which is all over Melbourne, is a really great place that serves up the yummy morsels just like HK.

I am sure there are other, better, Asian bakers in Melbourne but given the number of breaktops around, its easy to get your Asian Bakery fix in most areas of Melbourne!

• Visited February 2014
Launceston, Australia
“Best Bakery in Australia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love BreadTop and every time we visit Melbourne we make sure we stop here for something. The range of sweets and savories is amazing and the self-serve atmosphere makes you feel free to browse and choose as you like. I would recommend any visitor (or local) in Melbourne to take advantage of this fabulous place. I wish they would expand to more states in Australia. Yummo!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CCstar14
Tasmania
“Great bakery but naans are going downhill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We still love Breadtop but on this visit the naans were a bit hard and not as large as usual. The regular favourites of chocolate horns and twin sausage buns made up for it...

• Visited September 2013