“Most enjoyable dinner on a winter's night”
Review of Svago Ristorante - CLOSED

Svago Ristorante
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Food is good Simply love the Spaghetti del Mar, just heavenly. Four of us ordered a selection of mains to share - duck l'orange, loin of lamb and aged fillet of steak and loved them all. Finally we like the friendly service from Lars the boss who made the dinner a very fitting end to our holiday in Melbourne. Definitely come again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My parents took my partner and I here for dinner for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

Things got off to a somewhat shaky start when after ordering a coke I was informed that there wasn't any available and someone had just gone to buy some. But after that, things really stepped up. All the food we had was excellent (steaks, risotto and a chicken dish). Desserts were also of a very high quality. Service was pretty attentive but could be slightly overbearing at times, but on the whole was very friendly.

Overall a really good visit and a place I'd be happy to visit again

1  Thank SteveH86
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am surprised to see any negative comments about this place. We were a large group and had a tremendous time here. Yes it is small so it took time but we were not in a hurry. Lars took care of us and we enjoyed some fabulous food. The duck a l'orange was very well done. The calamari with squid ink ailoi was excellent.

Classy and cozy, relaxed atmosphere with excellent service and food. Lars was attentive and went the extra mile to get some ice cream from next door as he had run out.

Try this place out. Very very good!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked for my sons Birthday after reading reviews and we were not disappointed.
The room is lovely and very welcoming.
Waiter Lars has brought back the meaning of good service that most restaurants these days seem to have lost, made us feel special without being intrusive.
Food was yum and the added touch of a little birthday cake was just icing on the cake...:)
We will all go back again.
Thanks again Lars for making it special for my son.

1  Thank JenniferD66
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went for dinner, it was less than half full, it was a nice and quiet place and the waiter was very nice but the food.. not only several options from the menu were unavailable (which we only found out when we ordered them) but both our dishes had quite basic and amateurish look and taste and took ages to arrive. The waiter did the best he could to help but the food was just too bland, and it wasn't just us, i noticed on other tables several people had left around half their portions on the plates.

1  Thank outlanderlog