“Fantastic food and service”

River Kwai Thai and Burmese Restaurant
Ranked #692 of 4,176 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai and Burmese cuisine
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have dined here on a few occassions leading it to become my favourite take away restaurant.
The restaurant is small inside and seems to draw a mixture of small groups with one or two larger parties, fortunately in the times I have been here, the larger groups never seem to dominate the atmosphere leaving you to enjoy your meal and conversation without having to strain to hear each other.

The staff are friendly and helpful when making a selection and having shared a few meals in the occasions I have visited, I have yet to receive a meal I wasn't happy with.
They offer a a few gluten free and vegetarian choices and the selections of curries are deliciously creamy and flavoursome (Masamam beef with pineapple devine!)

In face of the increasing number of cheap and cheerful dumpling houses and noodle bars in Clayton aimed at the student/frugal market, this restaurant stands above the rest for it's quality, fantastic staff, service and delicious meals!

I can't recommend it enough!

1  Thank Travelling_Bilbury

Reviewed April 16, 2012

As part of a group of 7 I had dinner at this nicely decorated restaurant one recent Saturday night. The place appeared to be booked out and was very busy. Still, the service was professional and attentive. There were even a couple of local Melbourne celebrities enjoying the pleasant food and ambience.

We ordered the set Thai menu which at $55 per head proved to be great value and included a nice variety of dishes.It was more than enough to feed us all.

The only criticism I might have is that there was quite some time between finishing the entrée’s and the mains appearing and when they did there was four all at once with rice. It would have been better to have two then a break then another two without such a long interval from entrée. However, it is a minor point and considering it was a busy Saturday night we were fairly well looked after.

Good Thai food and reasonably priced. Surprisingly good considering the location in a little group of shops in Clayton.

1  Thank ausrose