“Fresh is certainly Best when wandering around Melbourne...”
Review of The Attic Cafe

Cuisines: Australian
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had an appointment at 600 Bourke Street the other day and wandered in the back door via Little Bourke Street and came upon this wonderful cafe. I was early for my appointment, so decided to try a coffee and one of the delicious looking home baked muffins. Boy, was I not sorry I stopped here. The coffee is made lovingly by a very experienced barrista lady and the muffins came straight from the oven. They were made with real flour, eggs and berries, certainly not the packet variety and they were delicious.

The staff and their owner are very friendly and appeared to know the names of all the regular coffee consumers and as they waited for their coffee, some of them who, sat like me, reading one of their complimentary newspapers.

I was in no hurry and enjoyed the muffin while watching the staff bring out the beautifully presented salads which would obviously be consumed by their regular customers and guests. They also had a board up with daily specials and it all look mouthwatering.

I went away wanting to come back at lunch time to try out the salads......and I did... and I was very impressed. All freshly presented and again the staff busily helped everyone clamouring around with the minimum of fuss.

Great coffee and wonderful fresh foods. You cannot be eat. Very reasonably priced as well.

I will definitely go back again, and again... Delicious.