Review Highlights

the best tour!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
prague010
Prague, Czech Republic

All reviews london bridge the great ocean road small group great tour day tour big tour buses light house personalized tour mini van beat the crowds twelve apostles avoid the crowds loch ard gorge awesome trip enjoyable tour highly recommend this tour awesome guide
Reviewed 1 week ago

We bumped into Wild Wombat Escapes tour by chance. Late night 11pm we text Chris for tour availability. The reply came in..'I will pick you up at 7 am'. No chance to check any reviews but have the chance now to provide some reviews on our little experience.

The van was a bit bumpy because Chris wants us to experience road. There are no tourist stops. no cho...ate factory..hehe Never expected to be able to come close to the parrots, the wild koala bears. The rest is pretty standard. Chris will make sure you will be entertained all the way to and fro.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

just got back from my day trip to the great ocean road with Chris...... after to welcome us he said we have booked the best trip!.....hmmmm, did we? .....yes we did! no doubts, definitively we did!!!....we had an unforgettable day, have seen them all.....the koalas, kangaroos, parrots, fantastic views... and the most important: we had a lot of fun and we avoided all the crowds of people can someone get me some more stars ?because five are just not enough ..... can highly recommend ✌️

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Great Ocean Road tour with Wild Wombat Escapes was one of the highlights of my trip. Chris is a really great and funny guy who knows a lot about the area and plans the trip to avoid crowds from big tour companies. It's also a great chance to see the unique local wildlife and a bit of the Australian wilderness. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Thanks!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great time with Chris and Wild Wombat Escape Tours. Chris was very fun and entertaining and made the day very enjoyable. We really appreciated the fact that the tour group size was small and that Chris got us out in front of the large tour groups so that we were not having to arm wrestle for space at the different stops. Chris also had an excellent knowledge of how long to spend at each stop so that the day moved along well. We had a great time exploring the great ocean road, seeing kangaroo's, koalas, wedge tailed eagles and so much more. My 2 girls loved the Wombat jokes(you will have to take the trip to see what I am talking about) All in all it was a great tour and I would highly recommend Wild Wombat Escape Tours!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed trip so much! With good music, good jokes and great lunch in the middle of ancient rainforest! Chris is amazing, more than a guide! Thanks for everything.
I highly recommend this tour for all who likes travel in small cozy groups!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So glad we found Chris and this trip. He is so knowledgeable and funny and goes out of the way to make sure everyone has a marvelous time. Highly recommend this tour. So much better than one of the huge bus tours

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Chris is such a nice guy! N his tour as well! I saw many stunning places n ran into a founded of Rip Curl!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Chris is a great tour guide with lots of energy and great jokes. He also packs a great lunch. I would highly recommend his tour.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We booked our Great Ocean Road tour with Wild Wombat Escapes due to the outstanding reviews here, and Chris and his Wild Wombat bus more than exceeded expectations. First, this is a small, intimate tour: the bus takes 12 at most, with five on our tour. Second, Chris knows how to make a day out meaningful for everyone: right from the start, he knew all our names and where we were all from - and knows a lot about everyone's home country. You don't get that kind of attention on a large tour.

As for the tour itself, the sights on the Great Ocean Road are unforgettable, and Chris went above and beyond to make sure our experience was outstanding, from making extra stops for awesome views to taking back roads to see kangaroos, koalas and parrots in the wild - not to mention lunch and a walk in the rain forest. Many of the stops were clearly not on other tours' itineraries, and even at the busy sites (12 Apostles) he knows how to time stops to avoid a lot of the crowds.

We got everything we were hoping for and so much more out of this day - definitely the highlight of our 25th wedding anniversary holiday in Australia. Thank you, Chris, and keep up the great work!

Chris H, Owner at Wild Wombat Escapes Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you CanadaWide Traveller for writing this great review.
I’m glad you appreciate the backs roads to find the wild things, the animals change their location for time to time so it’s not always the same for me, so I love it.
Lunch in the wild is great too, ‘you know?’ we can do that lunch anywhere wild and good.
I’ll call you ‘Canada Wild Travellers’ or ‘Australia Wild Travellers.’
Also I thank you for being on my tour.

Chris,
Wild Wombat Escapes

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I recommend this tour with Chris,this is a fantastic Trip on The Great Ocean Road.you will not forget this fantastic day,believe me guys. he knows this road by heart and will tell you full with interesting stories.Chris is amazing.

Chris H, Owner at Wild Wombat Escapes Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Kind words Pedro thank you for writing a review, much appreciated,
Chris