“Poor service & many better options”
Review of Hopscotch

Hopscotch
Ranked #317 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Craft beer is our thing, supported by an extensive list of local & international favorites. Our onsite micro–brewery churns out boutique batches, all prepared by your favourite local brewers. Our menu is designed with (you guessed it!) a beverage in mind. We’re not your traditional knife & fork style dining - we keep it casual & we love to share. Think next level street food – bites designed to be eaten with a beer in the other hand. We call Southbank home & we love our view. With a river terrace, beer garden & floor to ceiling glass doors all over – you can sit back, catch some rays & take in the city skyline. #hopscotchmelbourne a downbeat gathering place with a beer for every occasion.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stopped for breakfast and after finally being noticed we were seated by a friendly waiter, but then bluntly told by another that we would have a 25 min wait for any food. Fine as would just have coffee & chat while we waited. Coffee order took over 25 mins and food took nearly an hour. Food was ok, but the tummy upset I experienced later in the day certainly could only be put down to the food from here. The price was high for the food and the service was terrible. I would not return as there are so many better options with fast, friendly and attentive service close by. His place could be fantastic, BUT...........

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I ate dinner at World Restaurant with some work colleagues. The food was excellent but there are a couple of down sides. When eating outside, if you are near the glass you can be approached by people walking past the restaurant. One passer-by created an unfortunate scene asking for money from diners in the restaurant. Get some planters in front of the glass to separate the customers from the passers.

They managed to tank my order completely, so I was asked to wait another 20 minutes while they cooked it again. I was given a complimentary drink as compensation, but I wonder how they can get it completely wrong like that.

World B, Manager at Hopscotch, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Hi, It's disappointing that we made an error with your order. I'm glad you were offered a complimentary drink to make up for the wait time! Unfortunately we can't install any plant boxes out the front of the glass as this is council property, but it's never pleasant to be asked for money when you're trying to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Prominent CBD cafe/bar..usually a great place to go!. Scrimping on cooling costs? With 3 tables of friends and 39 degrees outside, we were seated down the back with one door open. Management said the airconditioning was broken......... but it worked beautifully in the men's and woman's toilets. No fans, or signs to fix the airconditioners... or any contingency plan. You could spend $3.25 on a tram trip with fully functioning airconditioning..but too much to ask for at a prominent Southbank cafe. Service and food were less than memorable..

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good service, the best eggs benedict..good coffee. Outside seating lovely, excellent spot for breakfast.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere here on a sunny evening was great but the food was sub-par and did not come close to Melbourne's high average standards. The meat sharing plate was nice, but the pizzas and wagyu cheeseburger were pretty ordinary.
The waiter was an arrogant and sarcastic fellow who rubbed us all up the wrong way.
I live in Melbourne and rarely ever go to the Southbank area; in fact I only went there to meet a friend from interstate. As a local, I'd suggest steering clear of this place for dinner. Drinks, sure, but this city has so much more to offer in the food department. Taking the extra time to cross the river into the city or strolling down to South Wharf is worth the effort.

World B, Manager at Hopscotch, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hi Sambelina, It's really disappointing to hear that you did not have a great experience with us. I'd love to hear more about the waiter that served you also. Please feel free to get in contact with myself, Madi on 03 9690 6999 or email me at functions@worldrestaurantbar.com.au. I look forward to chatting to you.