“Great location but way too noisy”
Review of City Square Motel

City Square Motel
Ranked #118 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Long Beach, California
“Great location but way too noisy”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel is in the perfect location. The rooms were large, modern and clean. All staff were very friendly and parking was available nearby. Unfortunately, the noise coming from outside the room was just terrible. We were only able to sleep a few hours each night. We expected some noise being central Melbourne city but the amount was incredible. I wouldn't stay here again, unless they installed some sound proof windows and walls!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
shontinelle d, Guest Relations Manager at City Square Motel, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. It is really disappointing hear about some issues during your stay with us. We will definitely look into this and rectify it for future.

Shontinelle Daji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was so happy when staying at this hotel. Not only did I feel I got a really good bargin in accomadation, I was comfortable, it was clean, it was in a great location and staff were very friendly and helpful. The place feel more like a 4 star hotel. Will definitley be recomending it to my friends and staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade into the deluxe room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and had wonderful time in the CBD.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights only. with my husband. we had a comfortable time. nice place. no complaints. will surely visit again next time. my husband loved the place more. he is planning for next stay. clean good environment.very comfortable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Ok. It's not luxurious but the staff are friendly, the beds comfy and our bathroom (while a bit old) was spotless. Yes, the trams rumble by, and yes, you can hear the street buskers -- it's in the dead centre of downtown Melbourne people! Personally, my kids and I loved being a 5 minute walk from everything - restaurants, shopping and street life.
A total bargain and we will definitely return.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Stressmagnet
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here for one night with a friend. Rooms are well equipped, though the furnishings are starting to look tired. The bathroom in particular needs a spruce up as paint is peeling etc. Lights are a bit harsh as they are fluro bulbs.

However it was clean, and relatively quiet given it is right on Swanston Street. The staff at reception desk were all friendly and accommodating.

I booked an advanced rate and got a good deal, though the other hotel I stayed in in Melbourne was only $5 more per night and far, far superior. I only changed as I extended my stay and the other hotel was full. If you are looking at clean and tidy accommodation, then this is your place. If you are looking for ambience or intend to stay in your hotel room a lot, then I would say you shop around for other alternatives.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank wellingtondweller
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here two nights and enjoyed my stay.

The location is the best you are going to get, diagonally opposite Town Hall (the location of my conference).

My room was large, clean and very quiet. Toiletries were standard, bathroom good.

It is not a place to hang out, with no foyer or other amenities like that, but who needs that when the location is as it is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alexhamiltonaus
Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed there in September with couple of my friends and we did had to struggle to find this place as this is hided among giant buildings and chances are that you be circling it and still would be looking for it. But luckily one of my friends had the sense to call the desk and they helped us reach the motel safely. The location is the one thing that you can’t ignore when it comes to a stay and this particular takes credit in that area since its located right in the center of Swanston street. The rooms are nice and decent for a short stay and all the basic amenities are provided

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends