“Family trip to football”

Miami Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We only needed a bed to sleep in. Our room included king and 2 x singles. As we were going to the football with two small children, we didn't get back to our room until 11.00 then left at 9.00 the next morning, so it was perfect for what we required.
Room was spotless and staff were very friendly.
The room was a little noisy from the passing traffic, but so be it.
Parking was extra $9 so total cost of one night was $164 for a family of 4, so that's not bad.
15 minute walk to Etihad Stadium, with a stop of at the Royal Mail Hotel for some dinner before the game.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Miami Hotel Melbourne

Reviewed May 8, 2014

After a 12 hour train and bus and taxi journey from Adelaide I arrived at this hotel. It really was a most uninviting and depressing experience to drag my suitcase up what seemed an unending flight of scruffy stairs and along a gloomy corridor all of which needed a new carpet to a claustrophobic room. The hotel seemed to be situated in a scruffy residential area and I don't think there was anywhere nearby to buy food or drink to make matters worse, there was no drink making kit in the room and in the morning I begged a cup of coffee from some students who seemed to be self catering in a kitchen only thanks to a helpful apologetic receptionist.
I don't think this place has any right to call itself a hotel, it is more of a lodging house.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank 8kyoto8
SomersKel, General Manager at Miami Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Our property is in a residential area, a very quiet, safe and quaint area of Melbourne, with significant historic value, and appeal. Hardly drab and depressing, and very close to the Victoria Market, Public transport and a range of cafes, bakeries and restaurants. Errol Street North Melbourne is across the road (a 2 min walk) with banks, supermarket, chemist, 7Eleven and all your everyday conveniences.
Our en-suite rooms are advertised with tea/coffee facilities in the room, our economy rooms (now closed for renovation and have been since late Jan 2014) were a backpacker style room, without tea/coffee facilities in the room. The self catering kitchen, is for just that, self catering, bring your own food and cater for yourself. We also have a coffee bar open daily for coffee, breakfast and a range of sweet treats.
Miami Hotel Melbourne clearly advertises that our rooms are on 3 levels, ground, first and second floors, up stairs and no lift. However, 2 flights of stairs to the second floor is hardly never ending. And as far as corridors go in 44 year old buildings ours are wide, freshly painted, well lit and the oldest carpet is 2 years old.
After 44 years of trade and numerous awards, yearly visits from AAA Star Ratings and external accreditation we have every right to call ourselves a hotel.
You only need to look at our very many positive reviews to know we are friendly, clean and mostly meet / exceed the expectations of our guests.
I guess we can't please everyone, and in this case we have not been able to meet your expectations, for that I am sorry.
I do feel however, that your feedback is somewhat harsh and misleading.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We booked a room for 6 nights and really enjoyed our stay from start to finish.
Staff were really friendly and helpful throughout our entire stay. They made sure we had everything we needed. We had just arrived in Melbourne and they were very informative about directions and points of interest. The room was nice and clean. The communal kitchen area was also quite nice and had everything we needed.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone from backpackers to families.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Not fancy, but clean, reasonably well located, and comfortable for our family of four. The two room suite is especially nice for a family with children. Nearby streetcar service makes for easy travel to the CBD. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tennesseans
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I arrived after midnight, and was greeted with a warm and friendly welcome which was much appreciated.
The hostel is clean and comfortable enough for a long stay. I had a fridge in my room, and the shared kitchen was on the floor above. The kitchen is small, but it was fine for me. All the staff are friendly and helpful, and readily booked my tour and transfer and advised on things to do locally.
There is noise from the corridor but you can get that in any hotel anywhere in the world.

There is a really nice area for breakfast and food shopping within a 5 minute walk. Also, the nearest tram stop is here. I can recommend Hot Poppy for breakfast. It’s very popular with everyone, and easy to appreciate why. The food, service and choice of chilled out beats is awesome.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ImASunseekerMe
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Miami Hotel for 2 nights and although the room was not fancy or luxurious, we had everything we needed. The staff was especially kind and helpful, the room quiet and comfortable, and the location was central. We especially appreciated the convenience of the soap, shave cream and hand lotion dispensers!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank fansofrainforest
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Close to tram station, live entertainment and great food. Staff where really helpful even lending us a spare public transport card. Room was clean and house keeping super friendly didn't get and attitude when I asked for an extra towel which I have in the past from other hotels. The only down side is there was some refurbishments going on, but if there wasn't signs and I didn't have to walk past the traidies I would not have known they where going on. So not really a negative more of an observation, and that would mean that next time I'm there I'll get a new room.

Great price for what we got.

• Stayed: March 2014