Miami Hotel Melbourne
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
The Jazz Corner Hotel(Melbourne)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
Oaks On William(Melbourne)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewserrol streetcommunal kitchenshaving creamno liftvictoria marketbudget hoteltram stophand soapminute walklaundry roombody lotionmini fridgefree tram zonefamily roomair condouble roombeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights whilst travelling in Melbourne I would sum this hotel up as basic, cheap, clean & comfy accommodation in a good location with easy transport links directly into melbourne CBD. The lady receptionist was very helpful & we were grateful for her advice on where to go, especially her recommendation of a little pizza place across the road from the hotel which was divine! If your looking for a no fuss hotel just for a bed & shower for a few nights, then this is perfect, I guess you'd call it the equivalent of a British B&B. Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My partner & I stayed for 2nights from Dec26-28 and we had a private twin room on the 2nd floor.
The hotel is in a great location right near a tram stop & 2mins from the Queen Victoria Markets. Our room was really clean with lots of natural light(the ceiling light wasn't very bright) and great city views. The showers were excellent - nice & hot and good pressure!
Really good value for money, will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussie_kitty
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed there in December for 6 nights and it was as expected..location was great and the clean. The front desk ppl were ever so friendly and helpful in helping us with calling a cab,etc. Thanks guys, very much appreciated..
We got a room on the ground floor and slept through peacefully. Bathroom was immaculate with basic requirements, eg shaving cream, hand lotion, washing liq at basin.
Trams were 2 mins away, not too near neither too far. Queen Vic market is great to walk around and loads of cafes for breakfast just round the corner..

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggages, good to request for ground floor..did not have problems with noise from guests on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our stay was in early-November 2012 for 2 nights during the Mebourne portion of our Australian trip. We had 2 adults and 2 kids in a 2-BR ensuite, and were very pleased with our accommodations. For a family of 4, this hotel was had at an incredible value, given the cost of everything else available. The accommodations were clean and tidy. The staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms and en-suite bathroom were cozy, but very nice. We could not have expected anything more at this price-point. There was a full-service kitchen available on the floor, and with a grocery store nearby, we did two meals there. It is about a 20 minute walk to CBD, but there is also a tram line a block away. It is 10 min walk to Queen Vic Market, and there are plenty of services within a block radius. As we now have family in Melbourne, we will be staying here again on our next visit. It is not a 5-star hotel, but is at the top of the list with respect to the price / value ratio.

Room Tip: The majority of the rooms share the common bathrooms and showers on the floor. Because of its value, there were many students on our floor. They were well supervised and quite during our stay. Using the kitchen for meals saved us some serious cash.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

After arriving in Melbourne, a 21 year old female on my own, to say the least I was apprehensive about being solo in this big city. I needn't have worried. George and the girls on reception made me feel so welcome as soon as I stepped through the door until the minute I walked out the door. If I needed directions or recommendations for where to go, they were more then helpful. I was on the second floor in a twin room which was adequate and clean. They have a fully functioning kitchen with utensils, plates, glasses, pots, pans and everything else you need to cook up a meal! Toilets were good, 3 cubicles on my floor. Showers were clean, again 3 of those. I stayed at Miami hotel for 5 nights and didn't have any trouble with anything from noise to cleanliness to customer service. Even after I checked out, I asked to keep my luggage in the luggage room until that evening, which they were most helpful with. They have breakfast every morning (I think from 7-9?) which was good. All in all, I would most definitely recommend this hotel. They really do excel in every way possible and for a great price too! I will definitely be back. Thanks guys for making my first 5 days/nights in Australia as comfortable as they were. See you again!

Room Tip: After seeing the double en-suite rooms on the first floor, I think in hind sight I would have paid the extra bit of money to have that.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo