“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 156 Hotels in Melbourne
Byron Bay, Australia
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While parking my car on arrival I was told off by a man who didn't like the way I parked. It turned out to be the owner, at the time I had no idea who he was, he just came up, no introduction, and started bossing me around. Not a great welcome. On the second night the car park was full and I was directed to park in a dark back alley that didn't feel safe. My room overlooked large garbage bins for the surrounding restaurants and they stunk. There was a large air vent outlet for a neighbouring office building which made a continuous loud roar that could not be shut out even when I closed the window. Tiny TV screen mounted high on the wall made it hard to watch. The only bed covering was a quilt with no sheet which was too hot, with nothing light to put on the bed on a warm night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank jrt303

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This was the second time we have stayed here very clean and comfortable with good service . In a very good position Bob and his family made us very welcome . Bit of a tight fit with the statesman but bob helped us out again he can call me Captain Hook anytime he wants . A very relaxing few days .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Winston L
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Remember when you used to check into hotel accommodation and got a warm and friendly welcome? I had almost forgotten what it was like until I met Bob. Not only was our 4 night stay a delight in a lovely renovated room with excellent housekeeping, but they went an extra mile when overseas visitors we were hosting were placed in appalling local accommodation (not by us!) and we moved them to Lygon Lodge at short notice. Bob and his his staff were extremely helpful.
Thankyou for making our stay such a pleasurable experience

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tina H
Margaret River, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week and have to say great location right at Lygon st restaurant scene one street from trams 5 mins to city $150 per night great value for money. Smallish room but had kitchenette lounge and adequate bathroom, loved the location

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank johnandwilms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My Husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Lodge as it was his birthday, the owner gave as an lovely renovated room which was clean, with everything we needed and the kitchen was a plus. Check in was very easy and fuss free, staff are friendly, and the atmosphere is very laid back. The location sold me as the restaurant and cinema we went to were near by, and having hundreds of cafes and shops around was enjoyable with the local park having a festival on Sunday. We don't live far, but it was a very relaxing mini break and have re booked for the Melbourne cup period.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gabi S
Melbourne Central
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

On the 13/10/12 me and my wife stayed in room 116 at the hotel for my wife's 25th birthday and the tap of the shower had fallen off and made it quite difficult to have a hot shower, and the toliet would not the flush - which become very embarring for both of us after a big night on the town,
We also found that the sugar with the coffee making facilites was half already used and a few of the power points and lights did not work.
We payed $150 for the nights stay and we are very disgusted that after discussing the issue with the manager all we were offered was a discounted stay next time - but there will not be a next time. I will taking this further as this not fair for us especially for my wife as it was for her birthday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

5 Thank Kchetcuti

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here as our Apartment was having repairs. Excellent location, clean/neat, modern accommodation, 24 reception and free off street parking is an real plus. Very rare to have the owner making you coffee in the morning, while having a chat/drink whilst watching the footy with staff in the evening. If you enjoy value, friendly, easy going service, with simple, well pointed rooms, than "We" are happy to recommend Lygon Lodge.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated Front rooms, great street atmosphere from your balcony.