“Old fashioned service”
Review of David Jones

David Jones
Ranked #92 of 437 things to do in Melbourne
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I don't often comment about department stores, but when I have had really good experience then I think they earned it. So, last Wednesday I was shopping in DJs looking for a dressy casual jacket. One of the staff members up in the suit section of menswear asked what I was after. I told him in vague terms. I also showed him a jacket I had seen that I fancied.

He wasn't convinced that it was the best thing for me, so he spent a good deal of time showing me alternatives. He was really concerned that I didn't buy a jacket that I would wear once and then leave in the wardrobe. After a good 20 minutes or so, he came up with something that cost less and was, on reflection, more suitable.

It was the kind of service that you don't get in Myers, David Jones' chief competitor. In Myers you're lucky if you can find a cashier. Good on you DJs

1  Thank keithbroad

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Any fashion, gadget, stuff that you wish to have. High end product. This is the place you should go!

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The products there are expensive.. However.. The qualities are really good.. It's worthy for people to go.. if you are looking for different clothes or souvenirs from brands..

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Excellect shopping experience! Super Xmas discount, various store location, nice gift card. Can eat, or take a break there

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have been there a couple of times, lots of desiner staff for men and women.
Constantly add some new europen brand like Lavin, Dior and Alexder MacQueen etc.
Very nice staff and easy to get help from friendly David Jones staff. I really enjoy
shopping here.