“Saw Lion King”

Book In Advance
More Info
$52.85*
and up
Melbourne City Sights Morning Tour with Optional...
Ranked #30 of 475 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: The landmark Regent Theatre holds a key part in our city’s history since opening as a grand picture palace in 1929. Having survived a fire, a flood, 20 years in darkness and many threats of demolition, the venue reopened in August 1996, meticulously refurbished and returned to its breathtaking former glory.Today it stands more lavish and grand than ever and continues to host some of the world’s most renowned theatre productions.
Reviewed May 12, 2015

Got tickets to the side to see Lion King and was a bit apprehensive about the side view as the tickets were a bit cheaper. But it was awesome. We were 5 rows back from the stage and had a great view. You would be able to see from anywhere. Lovely old building, I was very impressed..

4  Thank my3girls68
"wizard of oz"
in 16 reviews
"special effects"
in 17 reviews
"priscilla queen of the desert"
in 10 reviews
in 45 reviews
"cast"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed May 12, 2015

I have seen many, many shows at this theatre (King Kong, Fame, Wicked, Annie), with the latest being Disney's The Lion King. And like other productions I've seen here, this one did not disappoint. The theatre is so old and carries so much charm that every time I take my seat I get chills when I look around. The interior is so beautiful and maintained to such a high standard, which allows you to take a step back in time. The seats are stupid comfortable, and whether you're in the stalls or the first zone of the dress circle, you're bound to have a splendid view. I can't wait to see another show there, it truly is my favourite theatre in Melbourne!

1  Thank RPK89
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

The theatre itself was spectacular with classic interior and relatively comfortable seats. I went to go watch The Lion King, and even though I was seated towards the back of the Stalls section (end of Row R) I was able to see the stage fine. The only thing that was disappointing was the theatre delayed the start time for 15-20 minutes because they kept the doors open for all the latecomers, and the same for intermission. In the end, the entire show was close to 3H long... Close to 11pm. They should just start on time and not wait for the latecomers.

2  Thank aninao0113
Reviewed May 7, 2015

Went recently whilst visiting the beautiful city of Melbourne to see Lion King! Beautifully aged theatre that is worth going to have a visit, even if you are not seeing a show. We were seated 6 rows from the front and thoroughly enjoyed looking around the theatre, very spectacular. If we ever go to see a show there again we would ask to be seated further back, the 6th row on the flat floor and our view was quite impeded by people sitting in front of us, it did impact on our enjoyment of the show.

2  Thank CalP7