Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Princess Theatre
from $479.24
More Info
All reviews harry potter spring street stage musical intermission cast production play height australia
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2019

We visited and feel in love will this wonderful building. It is well maintained inside and outside. We spent hours at the stage play Harry Potter and will return for more

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank 651darrinr
Reviewed May 15, 2019

We saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Spectacular. Staging and effects were fabulous. The theatre is beautifully decorated for the show, and it really was a wonderful experience. No 5/5 though because of seats. The theatre has had the seats re-done, so plenty of leg room and the cushions were quite comfortable; and smaller children are given booster cushions. The seats were wide enough for us, but are quite narrow in terms of being very close to the person in the seat next to you and I imagine if that person is more than slender then quite squishy. We sat in T22, 23 and 24, which are almost at the back of the stalls - quite far back, but still enjoyable. But I must say they seem to have missed the opportunity to stagger the seating (not much incline, seats are directly in front of each other) - we unfortunately had a lady who decided to attend the theatre with her hair raveled up into a high bun on her head (!!!! - why oh why). My children couldn't see over her bun, so I sat behind her but even I, at 5ft 10 inches tall, had to keep moving side to side to see around her bun!!! Clearly they are not going to redo the seating again, so maybe a 'NO HIGH HAIR' rule should be imposed ;-) ...

Date of experience: May 2019
5  Thank Sonia A
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

I LOVED the play. It was awesome but I only give 5* if there is no issues. We were collecting our pre-ordered intermission drinks when a staffer asked everyone to line up going down the stairs to the ground floor.
Admittedly this would stop the blockage of those trying to exit the theatre and use facilities, but there is just so little room in there to move a couple let alone an entire line of thirsty theatre goers.
They sure did accommodate the play perfectly and the merch stand staff were ace.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

This is a lovely theater building with a great location by the Parliament train station and close to many very good restaurants and cafes.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I believe the theatre has had a makeover recently. It is spectacularly decorated for the cursed child play- from walls to floor. In general is a clean and well finished venue with a small bar- though no seating or leaning area for prior to the show. The chairs in the theatre, while a lovely velvet red, are terribly uncomfortable, after 90 minutes it really was a struggle to have to sit in them.

Date of experience: April 2019