Review Highlights

from $29.56
More Info
from $80.70
More Info
All reviews kinky boots dress circle carole king grand circle chitty chitty bang bang tall person entire cast great seats old world old building production stage musical costumes audience hmt interval
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Beautiful historic theater. It’s appears that all seating would give you a good view of the show. We were in the fourth row from the front, fantastic position, seating was extremely comfortable, sound and ambiance great. We seen ‘The School of Rock’ last night, which we all thoroughly enjoyed, the plot is thin but it still works well as a musical. The talent of the lead characters young and old is amazing.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently saw School of Rock at this theatre (awesome) loved it. The staff were helpful and friendly the building itself beautiful and even though we were at the back of the stalls we were close enough to see all. Close to the city and public transport.
Can’t wait for the next production.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Recently my wife and I attended Her Majesty's Theatre to watch the Queensland Ballet production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, we sat on ground level Row P seats 20 & 21 basically in the middle of the theatre two thirds back. when you pay $130 each for tickets you don't really expect to have your view impeded however because a tall gentleman was seated two rows directly in front of me and a slightly taller woman than myself seated immediately in front of me bearing in mind i'm 5 foot 7" my viewing experience was basically two hours of watching the back of the woman's head in front. Thankfully my wife had a much better viewing experience. The woman in front of me spent the entire show weaving almost aggressively from left to right either side of the gentleman's head in front of her so she wouldn't miss bits.
I refrained from the weaving as much as I could knowing the person behind me would have been in the same boat. The floor gradient is shallow not giving a high enough angle to view the stage. If the rows weren't packed so close together this viewing problem may help to be alleviated. It would help too having the rows off set too the row in front so you are viewing the stage between the shoulders of the viewers immediately in front and not all sitting behind each other.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Show was fast, energetic and the sets are amazing but it lacked something special that other shows I have been to had.
Maybe sitting behind young children who couldn't concentrate on the show had something to do with the enjoyment. Throwing soft toys in the air, kicking the back of seats. Crying and talking throughout. If dad on row L lounge at today's 2pm show is reading this you wasted a lot of money.
When you have paid $150 a ticket I dont think children under 10 should be allowed in. Crown you should be aware of this.

2  Thank 1960DK
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Went to see the Rocky Horror show at Her Majesty's.
Gorgeous theatre, lovely staff and a great cafe downstairs.
The show was great, it was the last night and Todd Mckenney, contrary to bad reviews really did interact with the audience. Our seats in row D were fantastic so close to the stage and could see everything.
Not the best musical I've ever been to but a great theatre and a great night out.

1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Booked to see Rocky horror picture show - loved our seats and the service was excellent from the upstairs bar man!
We loved the show ! The theatre was looking a little sad - lots of holes in the roof ?
I would definitely come back again though

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Her Majesty's has a cafe downstairs that opens independently of the theatre. You can come early, as I did one morning for coffee and snacks. The prices are very reasonable and my toasted sandwich was delicious. The chairs are very comfortable and the art deco style quite appealing.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

This is Truly an Amazing Show, Great Music, Lots of Comedy and Cast interaction with the Audience, Plenty of Adult humour, My Wife booked our Tickets with Parking close to the Theatre. Just a 10min walk, Lunch close by 5 minutes.
Such a Great fun.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Had forgotten what a little gem this theatre is. Recently took in the Rocky Horror Picture Show and had a wonderful time.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

We haven't been to Her Majesty's Theatre in Exhibition Street for a while, and whilst she is old, for me she doesn't have the wow factor. We had great seats for Rocky Horror and loved the show. We didn't use the bar, the toilets were clean and staff were nice.