Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$134
$124
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
Hotels.com
$126
$117
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Free Internet
$92
$88
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
$83
$79
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
$127
$240
$145
Hotels.com
$230
$185
6,511 results
All reviewsgreat locationtravel lodgeeureka towersouth bankarts centreyarra rivershort walkroom was cleanflinders st stationcrown casinorestaurants and barswithin walking distancewould stay againgood sizepublic transportgreat place to stayfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2008

3rd time my family have stayed here - just love the location and excellent value for money..Staff are friendly, courteous and good at assisting with directions etc. We were down for a friends wedding and were in for 4 nights and out for 1 night and back again for another night and they happily stored our luggage, gave late checkout so we could put makeup on and get suits ready etc before driving to Werribee Mansion where wedding was. You can walk to Southbank, walk into town, 2 minutes to Flinders Street train station, $10 cab to Lygon street - the location is just super !!!!
Beds were fine, noise levels OK and this was AFL Grand Final week after all, so all in all a good stay and would recommend.
Only issue is the bathroom as the way the shower is designed, water runs everwhere onto the floor and around toilet etc - Builders had no real thought in my opinion...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We arrived here from Sydney, where we had also stayed in a Travelodge. Almost identical except the room in Melbourne was bigger - we had a sofa as well as a double bed. The location is superb, just a few steps to the Yarra river and Southbank with loads of restaurants and a food court. As with Sydney, I felt the breakfast was a rip off at $17 but this was easily avoided by going to the food court.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I can't really add much to what previous complimentary reviews say except for the fact that this was a comfortable hotel and very good value for the price we paid. We also had an online deal which gave us 2 breakfasts for the price of one and although no-one at the hotel seemed to understand how this system worked, they honoured the deal. We were given a large, quiet and very clean room (maid service some days did not happen until late afternoon). Fantastic location and we are glad we changed our booking from the Quality Hotel Batman's Hill after we read the poor reviews on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Stayed here for a week - I was travelling on a scholarship and had struggled to find a decent hotel in Melbourne on my budget.

I was pleased with my choice. A comfortable double bed, couch and coffee table, plus a small desk with two chairs. Good shower. The real plus as far as I was concerned was the kitchen area - microwave, 'fridge, and plenty of plates, mugs, glasses and cutlery. Tea and coffee, and milk for drinks are provided, as is a small packet of washing-up liquid, a tea towel and a sponge, but beware they don't always give you new supplies of washing-up liquid each day. But it was very convenient for getting your own breakfast or a quick and cheap dinner.

As other reviewers have noted, the Southgate food court is excellent for lunch (I particularly recommend the focaccia at the coffee shop at the far end of the complex) and there are plenty of restaurants if you fancy eating out in the evening. Supplies for in-room eating can be easily obtained from several small supermarkets just accross the footbridge in Flinders Street. There's also a 7/24 store (and a Pharmacy) just round the corner from the hotel, but I only noticed this as the bus pulled out on my way back to the airport!

Location is excellent - if you don't know Melbourne (as I didn't), don't be concerned that its the wrong side of the river, its a very short and pleasant walk indeed across to the main Flinders St station, Federation Square and all the trams etc. To get to the hotel, I'd recommend the Skybus service from the airport - the main bus runs to Southern Cross station, but they offer free transfers from the station to your hotel until 9pm on weekdays. You can also arranged to be picked up from the hotel by the Skybus hotel transfer service on your way back to the airport.

Check-in was efficient and the staff pleasant. The room was very quiet. I'd have given an excellent score had the in-room internet been free - its currently $9.95 for 1 hour or $19.95 for 24 hours, charged to your bill. If you want to use your own laptop in your room, bring a CAT-5 cable as there's no wireless. There are also 3 terminals in the lobby, and although the printer wasn't working when I was there, the reception staff happily checked me in for my flight and printed out a boarding pass.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank ammefellow
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge over the Queen's birthday long weekend in June. We found a rate cheaper than what the hotel was offering and definitely got value for money. We paid $99/night for two nights.

The room was big, the bed good, although the pillows were average. We had a room at the end of the corridor so it was nice and quiet. The only downside was the filthy shower. We asked for it to be cleaned and they did give it a quick brush, but it was still very mouldy.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Very short walk to the trams, city, casino etc. We'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple