Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Radisson
$243
$205
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$183
$158
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$144
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$161
$98
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$237
$173
$191
$183
Priceline
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$120
$102
  • Fitness center
6,685 results
All reviewsgreat locationtravel lodgeeureka towersouth bankarts centreyarra rivershort walkflinders street stationroom was cleancrown casinorestaurants and barswithin walking distancewould stay againgood sizepublic transportgreat place to staycar parking
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Perfect location - close to board walk - close to center and Federation Square. No internet in the rooms in the hotel, but great internet in Fed Square. The airport shuttle was fantastic. Rooms were functional

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia L
BenLancken, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Patricia L,

The Team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

For next time, we do have high speed wired and wifi internet available in every room and we also offer complimentary wifi in the lobby.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

3 stars would be a fair rating. Good location for a reasonable price. Rooms are basic, air- conditioning does not work properly. Towels are very thin, looks like the Travelodge bought the used towels from Crown. Leaking taps in bathroom. Save you money on breakfast and go to a cafe......very average, don't turn up on the half hour as they will be too busy. Regularly ran out of cutlery, glasses and food. Discounted car parking available from reception is good.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2,200

Dear 2200,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments to improve our overall guest experience.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at Travelodge Southbank for five days while attending a conference in Melbourne. The location was within easy walking distance to the Convention Centre, Crown, the city centre and shops. It was approximately 15 minutes walk from the airport bus depot at Southern Cross Station to the door.

The room was comfortable and clean and perfectly adequate for my needs. It was very useful to have a small kitchennette (microwave, sink, kettle, small fridge, cutlery and crockery). The bathroom was a little tired but very clean. The hot water in the shower could be a little tempremental but it seemed to be worse at peak periods so it may have just been overdemand. Shampoo, conditioner, soap and a hairdryer are supplied but a little plastic shower cap would have been helpful too.

Breakfast is not included in the room price and is between $15 and $20 depending on whether you prebook or not. The reception staff are very helpful and friendly. There are many restaurants located around the hotel and shops for buying small snacks and essentials.

All in all, this is a comfortable hotel to stay in whether travelling for business or pleasure. Would stay again when next in town

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nsw123,

With regard to your comment about the shower cap, I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of rolling out a brand new guest amenity range in all of our rooms that includes a shower cap as standard in every room.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Travelodge for work purposes. The room I was first given had hair all through the bathroom and mouldy sheets!!! Terrible! I immediately rang reception and although I had to wait half an hour for them to bring up a new key, the moved me to another room that was slightly better. The Air con only blew freezing cold air, and the lovely manager on that night brought me up an electric heater and set it up for me straight away. Hairdryer was very temperamental only working for 30 seconds at a time. On the Sunday I returned to my room at 5pm only to find the room hadn't been serviced. The receptionist organised someone to "attend to this immediately" and I'm not sure it made much of a difference. The cleaner said they don't usually start the ongoing guests rooms until late.. how much later on a Sunday was she planning on doing it! It turns out none of the guests rooms on my and the above level had been attended on this day.... Perhaps they need to increase their cleaning services and staffing!

Well done to the staff for maintaining professionalism, being so accommodating and polite despite the terrible facilities of the Hotel!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank c3060736

Dear c3060736,

I was horrified to read your review, particularly regarding housekeeping & maintenance. I am so glad to hear that the staffs were fantastic however I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the standard of the room and be assured I will be addressing this very seriously with the relevant departments and managers.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Friendly check in and ready 20 mins before 2pm
Car parking very close by and we were able to unpack outside the door and partner parked while I went to the room.
Crockery, sink & microwave good to have along with couch, chairs & table as we took our own dinner to reheat before going to the Opera.
Bed firm but OK
Room opposite the lift on 9th floor – but not at all noisy
Great sized bathroom bench (always gets a plus from me if they have one) & good shower head.
Breakfast included in deal but very basic and not worth paying $18 for.
Would definitely go back there when next staying in Melbourne

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple