Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank
$210
$199
$182
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$204
$175
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
6,583 results
All reviewsgreat locationtravel lodgeeureka towersouth bankarts centreyarra rivershort walkroom was cleanflinders st stationcrown casinorestaurants and barswithin walking distancewould stay againgood sizepublic transportgreat place to stayfree wifi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. We have previously stayed at other Travelodge Hotels and have always found our stays very good. We went out for dinner and returned at about 11pm. At about 5am, we awoke to a bright flashing light above the bed. Realizing it was the fire alarm, we contacted reception to be told that it flashed to show the fire alarm was still working. My husband informed the person at reception that it was not flashing this bright or this long before we went to sleep so the person at reception said he would check it out. Calling back about 2 minutes later, we were told everything was fine and they could come and tape over it if it was really annoying us. We declined and tried to go back to sleep but the flashing was getting brighter and more often. I rang down to reception to be told there was nothing wrong and it was always flashing, to which I suggested that we would have noticed it before going to bed and I can get woken up at 6am at home. We were informed someone would come and look at it. When the person came, he informed us that the battery was probably running low and would log it with Maintenance to be fixed and we could switch rooms if we were staying another night, which we weren't. Poor customer service number 1.
Poor customer service number 2 is I sent an email, informing Travelodge of what had happened the following night. I have allowed nearly 10 days pass to which I have received no response to my email, which states someone will be in contact within 48 hours. I do realize it is difficult to respond to complaints but to receive nothing at all is very poor customer service. I also understand that the battery going flat isn't really the person on reception's fault but being dismissive and unhelpful and then not receiving any feedback back from Travelodge customer service really turned us off going back to and recommending Travelodge to others.
The room itself was clean but the water pressure in the shower was extremely low, it was not strong enough to wash out my hair in the morning. Once again, it was a great location, very close to the Crown Complex but I would rather spend my money else were if I'm going to be treated like that. It very much put a cloud over what was suppose to be fun night out without children.

Room Tip: Check the water pressure in the shower and the batteries in the fire alarm before unpacking :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JKEandR
BenLancken, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear JandKQLD,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank.

Unfortunately I have not recieved the email you refer to in your comments. I have checked at the hotel, with our head office and with our guest feedback survey supplier and we were unable to locate any correspondence from you. Unfortunately I am not able to identify you or your booking to be able to locate your contact details.

I would like an opportunity to review your feedback and discuss this with you. I invite you to contact me directly at the hotel. I would be delighted to chat with you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ben Lancken | Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

What's great: perfect location, very friendly and helpful staff, quiet, very good value, nice to have a small kitchen
Could be improved: bathroom floor wasn't very clean, extra blanket wasn't clean either

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear AFJB,

The Team are delighted to hear you enjoyed the great location of Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We appreciate your comments regarding housekeeping. I have addressed your concerns with the Housekeeping Department to improve our overall guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights during our Melbourne visit and found it to be very clean with friendly staff and in such a fantastic location within 3 minutes walking distance to Crown Casino. The only niggle was that the room air conditioning is quite noisy if the is fan on and both myself and my partner woke at different times throughout the night because of this. Overall a great budget hotel and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sam B,

The Team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the air conditioning. I trust that once reported, this was rectified for you? If you didn't get a chance to let us know while you were here, it would be great if you could get in touch with me to let me know which room you occupied so I can get this looked at ASAP.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived at the hotel very late at night after a long flight from Hong Kong and were immediately very comfortable with the appearance, condition and location of the hotel. Stayed two nights and had two good night's sleep!
The hotel is very close to the main shopping area in CBD and so convenient for the lively night time riverside restaurants and bars. Nice safe and secure feeling when walking along the riverside at night.
Very helpful and obliging staff.
Pre-booked from the UK at £141 GBP for two nights.
Arrived by taxi from the Airport (which was $68 AUD), but departed by budget reasonable Skybus, which was very convenient and good, but you need to pre-book your collection.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear The_Whites_208,

The Team are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Travelodge Southbank. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in febuary 2013. Medium sized room well furnished, clean, bathroom renovated. The hotel is very well located one block from the Charles river. 15 minute walk to everything worth seing. For 125$ canadian/per night. You can't go wrong

Room Tip: Higher floors must have a better view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple