Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
6,865 results
All reviews great location heritage room flinders street old world charm deluxe room rooms are small train station central location south bank across the road valet parking public transport would stay again buffet breakfast yarra river short stay crown casino
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent location, memorable experience. The high ceilings took me to another era. The ambience is amazing. I especially appreciated the upgrade to a river view room. Reception is available 24 hours.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RendezvousAM, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi nchoud456873,

Thank you for your review of Rendezvous Melbourne.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the building. Did you know it was built in 1913?

Hope to see you stay with us again soon.

Warm Regards
Anne Hinton - Duty Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Happy time for my birthday celebration the three of us all enjoyed our stay and the beds and pillows so very comfortable the location excellent to get around to places that we wanted to walk to and the motel is absolutely beautiful the decor just divine it’s such a relaxing and comfortable place to stay at I want to Thankyou so much for everything and my bottle of champagne and lovely card that was left in our room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Wendy C,

Thank you for your review of Rendezvous Melbourne.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your birthday.

Please come and stay with us again next year for your birthday, we would love to have you back.

Warm Regards

Anne Hinton - Duty Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff go above and beyond in their daily routine. Nothing is too much trouble. The Barman was hands down the most easygoing and genuinely interested in providing the absolute best experience. Location is perfect for walking just about anywhere and the room was always neat and tidy.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RendezvousAM, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear stewartgilmore
Thank you for the lovely review. We do pride ourselves on the service and location and are happy to hear that you could take full advantage of both.
Hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location was the main reason, why I booked this hotel, and at the end this had been the best for me about this accomodation. I am also fond of historic hotels and the front of the building and the white cupola and the black columns on the ground floor exude an early 20th century grandezza.

Unfortunately I didn't book a Heritage Room, which wouldn't have been much more expensive than my 'Deluxe Queen Room with River View' on the 5th floor. This was a great disappointment. On my month long tour in total 14 four- and five-stars hotels this was the smallest room and also the one for which I paid the most. It was definitely not 23sqm, as it said on the booking website, but more like 18sqm. Also there was no armchair, as depicted, only a chair by the writing desk, which had no reading lamp.

The bed was fine and I had a good sleep, but there was nowhere to put one's clothes. The narrow wardrobe contained a fridge (with minibar), a nespresso machine, a kettle to boil water, a set of tea bags and coffee capsules, cups, glasses, wine glasses, snacks and a big red wine bottle, also an iron and a safe. Two of the clothes hangers were taken by bathrobes, under the other was an ironing board. The drawer by the bed had a bible, the one in the bathroom a hair dryer. At least there were enough plug sockets in the room.

The washbasin in the bathroom was square and tiny, the shower rather weak. Good were the free toiletries by Kudos Ebony. Air Conditioning couldn't be individually regulated. The view was good, as requested and paid for, but the window couldn't and hadn't be opened for a long time, since the windowsill was full of bird droppings.

Per room and 24 hours there are only 100MB of free WiFi and payment by credit card gets a surcharge of 1.2%, something I hadn't seen in all the other hotels I stayed in. Staff at reception was friendly and they excused themselves for letting me wait that long for check in, since they were busy with reservations and booking on the phone. Something for which a hotel with 340 rooms should have a separate person in charge.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank saronic

Dear saronic

Firstly I would like to thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to the mark. All rooms do come with free wifi for the entire stay and windows do not open due to safety reasons and also because the building is heritage.
We can assure you that each review is important for us and your feedback has been forwarded to all departments concerned for further training and improvement.
Please feel free to contact us and help us make your next stay better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This room was great if you just needed a bed and somewhere to sleep, the room was the definition of small. Sounds proofing wasn't great as cleaning rooms started at 8am so you never needed an alarm clock to wake you. No modern upgrades like usb chargers.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank trvlwkiddos

Dear trvlwkiddos
Firstly I would like to thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to the mark. Each review is important to us and we can assure you that it has been forwarded to the department concerned for further training and improvement.
Please feel free to contact us and help us make your next stay with us more memorable.