“Comfortable Hotel”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #65 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel is in a very good location, in the CBD and across the street from the Flinders St Station. Easily within walking distance of numerous bars and restaurants. Also close to parks just across the Yarra, pretty much an ideal location for a hotel in Melbourne. Staff was helpful and the room was nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was here for a weekend workshop.
Room was clean, but small. There seems to be two different blocks, one older and one newer.
Food in the cafe was ok.
Location is good. Near the train station and also to trams. Walking distance to a lot of attractions in the CBD and Crown Casino.
During checkout, the CSR at the desk took a particularly long time to print me out a receipt. There was a problem with printing, and he couldn't work out why that was the case. Took more than 20 minutes to resolve that problem!

Room Tip: Rooms in newer block seem to be bigger.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We checked into a superior room for a romantic weekend away. The room was small but clean and just right for our purposes. It was close by to everything we needed, the staff were helpful and overall the accommodation met our expectations.

We did have a buffet breakfast as we had an early departing flight. This was the low point of our stay. For almost $30 each, there are far superior breakfasts less than 10 minutes walk away.. if you can avoid it, then do!

Otherwise an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank graciousr
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We checked in our an our early so we only got one room out of the two. This was 1pm so they don't seem to be terribly organised in the house keeping deoartment. No genuine empathy from the customer service agent at the front desk and she kept us waiting half an hour with no follow up. We had to wait again to basically get one room key. We carried our bags up to the room. The room is nice but tiny. The breakfast was in edible, I have never been so disappointed. The rest of the food I ate in the hotel very average.

Even small things like going in the lift to your room is awkward, if there is someone else in the lift and they swipe before you, the lift goes and you can miss your level. This is not a five star hotel. Also noise from other people's doors outside the rooms is noisy - again not five star AT ALL

I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: They are so tiny, I think you need to pay a lot to be able to move
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank juz171
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I only stayed one night in a Superior Room, so it wasn't so bad because there wasn't much room. But if I was staying longer I would like a bigger room. The only thing I didn't like was the balcony out side the bedroom window that couldn't be accessed from my room.
The room was clean and had just a basic bathroom, shower and toilet.
The mini bar prices were very cheap compared to most hotels.
The service was friendly and professional.
The buffet breakfast was just your standard breakfast, nothing fancy. Cereal x4, eggs, bacon, toast, raisin toast, muffins, pastries, fruit (fresh and preserved), yogurt, coffee, tea and juices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julesar7
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm not sure why my previous review did not get posted but this is the worst hotel I have stayed in in my 20 years in travel. From the beginning with no-one helping me to my room with my 3 pieces of luggage even though there were so called staff just hanging around the counter doing nothing to the attitude from front desk when my wifi wouldn't work. I was given misinformation on the location of a restaurant, resulting in me being late for my own function to sending someone to help me with my 20kgs of material who complained every 30 seconds about having to do it even though I had not been the one to ask him but rather another staff member. I couldn't take it anymore so I told him to go away - I would do it myself. The 6 blocks I walked with this material should not have happened as I was told it was 5 minutes from the hotel otherwise I would have taken a taxi. Coming back to my room and seeing that my room had been serviced but there was a wet towel in the sink left behind. I also asked for a pillow from the pillow menu which was totally forgotten about and when I called to check on where it was after an hour and a half, took another 45 minutes to arrive and was presented with two choices none of which I had asked for. The guy at the front desk told me it was 4.5 star hotel - that is laughable. Will never stay here again nor any other Rendezvous again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Svetlana J
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Yep! The rooms are the size that you would expect from a grand old lady of 100 years, yet our room had been very recently refurbished, was very clean, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The staff we encountered were friendly, informative and helpful..........No Complaints Whatsoever!! and we would happily stay again. Jan and Chris Smith.- Happy Travellers.

Room Tip: Quiet, Refurbished at the back of the building!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple