“Fantastic location in Melb”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Booked two nights through an Our Deal voucher at The Rendezvous.
I was on my own for two nights in Melbourne.
Firstly there was no charge when I wanted to change my booking.
The staff were very helpful and pleasant during my whole stay. Suggesting breakfast haunts (Degraves street) fantastic suggestion, where I went both mornings.
The rooms where small, but comfortable for one. If my partner had come with me it would have been squeezy. Clean, fresh and attractive bathroom.
Comfortable bed with a pillow menu. Good air conditioning.
The location great, on tram line with Flinders street train station a 2 minute walk.
I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment, but the menu looked interesting.
I would certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A typical Rendezvous hotel - beautiful old city building transformed into a comfortable middle-of-the-road hotel. Quite a successful conversion in this case with very polite and efficient staff and an excellent location, but the decorations and furnishings could do with a bit of a jazzing up. We'd stay here again though at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Having spent 10 frantic days in Sydney, we were hoping for a few days in Melbourne to chill out. Thankfully this hotel was in a very central location and our room was very spacious and quiet.
The hotel is located a few hundreds yards away from Federation Sq, the tram stops just outside the hotel entrance if want to explore further afield eg. st kilda.
We didn't have breakfast as part of our stay but because the hotel is on Finders St there's plenty of options just a short stroll away.
The reception staff were very helpful in giving us advice on where to go and what to do, especially as it was 42C outside and we wanted to stay cool.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Melbourne.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Bought a night on sale for $100 from ourdeals.com.au a few months back. Stayed on a Tuesday night.

Beautiful classy old style building, very well maintained. Trams right out the front and spencer street station on the corner, with a quick walk under the train station to get to Southgate beside the water.

Room was small very tidy and modern and perfect for for a few nights stay. Mini bar seemed really cheap, $7 for half bottle of wine, $4 for beer...very reasonable and more likely to make use of when its hot priced obscenely...so of course we devoured wine, beer, chips and nuts. No more do not disturb signs or make up my room, it's now a button you press on a panel which lights up another panel near the door out the front. Haven't seen anything like that before, so that was cool. We were right near housekeeping stores and were woken up by noisy chatty housekeepers,laughing and seeming not to realise that people were trying to sleep still at that hour of the morning.

Great menu selection, room service 24hrs, got dinner coupons but didn't use them unfortunately.

Shower had one of those big rain shower heads so water pressure not that great. Bathroom was tiny, but well laid out. Great magnifying double sided mirror very well placed to apply makeup. Lights came on automatically when you walked in.

3hrs free internet in each room, paid also available. Very friendly and accommodating staff, would def go back again as the location is great and the room was fantastic for the price.

Very happy!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This lovely old hotel has been tastefully refurbished retaining its beautiful mosiac floor and painted ceilings. Right on flinders street it is a perfect location for all transport. The service is attentive and the rooms although not grand were simple , clean and well priced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff were wonderful from the moment we set foot in the door. We were set upon by staff wanting to assist with bags etc... And they genuinely welcomed us.., I have NEVER had that happen elsewhere! We checked in and went into a fantastically classical lobby, up through the timeless elevators and found our room...

I was initially a little disappointed by the size and the view of a wall but then I thought "hey! I've paid a lot more money elsewhere and gotten smaller rooms that were dirty.. Abd the view isn't everything'. The reviews about the toilet and the shower have some truth, but saying your feet are IN the shower is an extreme exaggeration! Yes it's small, but so is our bathroom at home, and it was renovated to a wonderful degree. The decor all round is beautiful. I'm currently writing this in my hotel room. I was concerned about the noise level at first also, and I can hear a (very) distant rumble from the station and trams but it's nothing that will keep this happy camper from a good nights sleep :)

The bed is wonderfully comfortable. There is a wonderful bar/lounge area below to chill out in and you are right in the heart of Melbourne shopping districts... Really.. There's little to complain about! We're so difficult to please these days it seems. Me and my fiancé are very laid back people.. And the rendezvous suits our needs and expectations just fine :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed in Jan 2013. Room and hotel was neat and clean, but the room I stayed was quite small. The location is central this has advantage of being close to transport and attractions, but the noise and trembling from tram and train especially at night was quite disturbing - not hotel's fault - but try to get a room away from the railway if you can. Service was generally good. They allowed early check-in without fuss, although housekeeping made a visit soon after while I was unpacking to check the mini-bar as it was not done when the previous guest checked-out. It didn't matter too much to me but was bit odd that they let me check-in before these were done. The gym was hidden away on 3rd or 4th floor, and there was no information guide in the room about the gym and other facilities, and no signs at the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business