Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$134
$124
$92
$88
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
Hotels.com
$126
$117
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Free Internet
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Agoda.com
$83
$79
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
$127
$240
$145
Hotels.com
$230
$185
5,621 results
All reviewsgreat locationheritage roomflinders streetold world charmdeluxe roomrooms are smallcentral locationtrain stationsouth bankvalet parkingpublic transportbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort stayyarra rivercrown casinoconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I have stayed in many nice hotels in Melbourne, including the Stamford, the Sebel, the Westin, Crown Towers, Crown Promenade etc... So I suppose my expectations were high considering we were paying similar rates. However, our room was tiny, the furniture was water damaged, the blanket on the bed had brown-red stains on it, and there was dried toothpaste on the desk, suggesting the room had not been adequately cleaned. The TV could not drown out the sound of the trains and the view of the tracks from Flinders St station was less than appealing, When I complained to reception about the state of the room, initially they were unsympathetic. However, they then called back and offered us a room upgrade... which they tried to charge for at checkout!

The upgraded room was small and unimpressive but at least it was clean. The room service food was terrible, our room keycard malfunctioned leaving us locked out every time we left our room, the staff were generally unhelpful and the room was only made up once in our three day stay. The location of the hotel was not ideal as it is in a rough area of the city.The lobby was nice but the rest of the hotel was poorly maintained and it should only rate as a 3 star- at best.

Overall, our stay was very disappointing and when there are so many great hotels to stay at in Melbourne, why would you bother with this place?

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wep08
Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed at Rendezvous Hotels commerce room in Feb 2008
The commerce room are quite small, compare to the price being paid. The hotel is not 4.5 stars, its more like 3 starts, if i would have rated.
The beds are clean, but very dusty. the toilet and shower were nice and clean.
the bed and pillow were uncomfortable. specially the pillow were really hard.

The mini bar and the fridge were good. had a small LCD TV in room with sport channel and history channel.
Pay per movie was also available at $ 15.00 per movie , with really bad quality.

The Rooms had no view , and was very dark and stuffy. not too mention small. when i complained to reception about the room size the relocated us to 2nd floor , [disable room]with very bad conditions and bad smell.
Complained again and the moved us to the largest commerce room available.
Again very dusty, On the 3rd night water start pouring down bucket load from the celling and air con vents. the hole room was soaked in water , contacted room service, they moved us to another room on same level. apparently a burst pipe in building.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, however the staff were polite and understanding. The hotel was in a prime location only 10 min walk to south bank, casino, federation square. 20 min walk to markets and mall.

too bad i discovered this site very late as the hotel DOES NOT ACCEPT REFUNDS.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mschahin
Reviewed February 14, 2008

I booked a two night weekend stay at the Rendezvous hotel and then read the reviews; I panicked at the comments about the smallness of the rooms, the facilities in the room and the general service – If I could have found an alternative place I would have changed my bookings but it was the Chinese New Year weekend and Melbourne was full. I’m really glad I didn’t!

We stayed in the newly refurbished rooms, with a South Bank view. The room was tastefully decorated, the TV worked, the bathroom was lovely and generally speaking I was impressed with the service and the hotel. The location is fantastic and there is virtually no street noise once inside. Given that the price is at the lower end of rates in Melbourne I think it was a pretty good deal!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TipTopTilly
Reviewed February 6, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Rendezvous Melbourne for 4 nights. We loved the location and found it easy to access everything we wanted to see - the train station, Federation Square, the river walk and downtown "alley" nightlife and restaurants. The hotel was beautiful although the bathroom tiles were a bit dated, the rooms were very nice (a classic vintage nice) and the showers were awesome. Really - the best water pressure ever that felt like a massage after a busy day of touring! We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missbridgett
Reviewed December 4, 2007

We arrived for our anniversary weekend in Melbourne. I had booked via the web for a Commerce Room Bed and Breakfast - and going by the pictures the room looked great.
Checking in was easy - I noted the sign behind the counter, advocating to 'upgrade' to a commerce room, and thought "Great, that's what we've got!"
We went up to our room, and it is the smallest room I have yet encountered! Yes it was decorated very nicely, however this can not take the place of space. It was meant to have a queen sized bed, however I believe a queen bed would have touched the walls. There was a foot either side of the bed to shuffle around (luckily it was only a double). Plasma TV on the wall opposite whose remote control sensor kept falling off - fixed this by balancing a cushion underneath. with the sensor on it. There was a stand underneath the TV which held 1 suitcase, (the other we balanced on top) with the cushion the icing on top! One wardrobe as you enter, with bar fridge & kettle in one half, hanging space in the other. Opposite is the doorway to the bathroom. A 'desk' of the same width completed the entrance, with a single chair. If you wanted to sit and talk over a coffee one of you had to sit on the edge of the bed.
The bathroom had lovely fittings, however it was disturbingly small. If you are sitting on the toilet you can touch the shower screen with your knee. After a shower virtually all of the floor was wet, and trying to dry yourself in such a small area was challenging. (think cruise ship bathroom).
Overall the hotel's location was great, however I would not return unless it was into a guaranteed much much larger room/suite.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple