“Well recommended for disable traveler”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #68 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel via lastminute.com.au for my parents and myself . The hotel contacted me few days before to confirm how many persons will be staying in and I informed them that it will be three of us. I also indicated that we will need accessible room for my father.
Upon checking in, I asked reservation staff what will the arrangement of my room will be since I have indicated three persons. The guy who assisted us seemed confuse that there will be three persons staying and indicated there will be surcharge for extra bed ? ? . I told him that I have given this information before in the booking page, and I paid this amount based on 3 persons . After reading all the correspondences, He gave my keys and informed there will be no charge if I insisted on not having extra bed for 3rd person. I replied that I wont be paying extra charges .
Anyway when I saw the room, it has been arranged for three persons instead (3 single rooms ) with easy access for disable person. If only the guy at the desk paid more attention to the details . The room is facing wall , and in the morning there was noise from other building . But you cant beat the location , very convenient access to everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,421)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I purchased a Scoopon voucher for $159.00 that included a bottle of wine, valet parking, breakfast and late checkout of 12pm. I had the option to upgrade for $30 to a deluxe room which I didn't do....with hindsight it would have been money well spent! But having said that....

We arrived at 5:00pm on a Saturday afternoon and had to wait a good 10 minutes to check in. The valet parking arrangement was protracted....my husband had to sit in the car out the front and wait for someone to collect his keys!

On entering the room....wow....what a small room!! Seeing that we were only staying one night (for a concert at Rod Laver Arena) it really made little difference to us. If you were staying longer than one night I would definitely recommend upgrading to a deluxe room or stay elsewhere that was self contained.

The bathroom was small but perfectly formed - was a squeeze to get both of us in there at once. The shower was great though!

We were in room 122 which faced Flinders Street. It was a little noisy - trains, trams and some street noise. The rooms aren't terribly well 'sound proof' so we did hear a little noise from our neighbours but nothing really worth complaining about. The only gripe I have is that the rubbish bin had not been emptied and as it was full we had to use the bathroom bin.

The breakfast was awesome....loads of variety. They only have scrambled eggs on offer in the buffet but just ask ans eggs are cooked to order.

Overall it was a pleasant stay - would upgrade to the deluxe room if we stayed again!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room and try and avoid facing Flinders Street.
1  Thank aemann
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had this hotel booked by our travel agent as a good stay in Melbourne and a place to explore from. It was a great location. Great for the free loop Tram, great for the Eureka Tower and great to explore the lanes, waterside and centre of Melbourne from. We really thought the location was great. Due to the restrictions of the original building the rooms and bathrooms (in particular) are really quite small and not what you'd expect from a hotel of this rating. Once we had the rwo largish suitcases on the floor there wasn't too much room to walk around. The bathroom could hold one person at a time. The room was modern, clean and the staff friendly and helpful. If you just need a base this place is good (watch out for the free WiFi limits and go out for your breakfast, there are some really great places to eat really close).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front, the noise level is OK and the views are great.
1  Thank Drnigel
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for three nights while touring Australia. Excellent hotel and location - good restaurant -rooms well presented - helpful and friendly staff. Good location for all the city attractions, restaurants, bars and shopping. Transport good - hotel just down from Flinders street Station and the city trams stop right outside the hotel. Would highly recommend and would certainly stay again on our next visit to Melbourne

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MalViDroitwichWorcs
Reviewed October 12, 2012

On our arrival to the hotel we found hotel staff very helpful, I did think that the bathroom was very small and hard to move around in. The toilet also didnt look like it had been cleaned very well. The bed was huge and fairly comfortable. We stayed over the Grand Final Weekend so it was very busy, the valet parking was very efficient but you pay for the service $35 per night. I enjoyed the stay but if I was to stay again I would ask for a room with a better view as I was only able to see a roof top carpark with grafiti.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel has a perfect location on flinders street. The rooms are small but nice. The fcuk amenities are a nice touch to the stay. The hotels rooms are a bit dark for my taste. The dark grey walls are a bit gloomy in winters and do not seem to give brightness in the rooms. Like most hotels in australia the rooms at this hotel are a bit noisy. You can hear footsteps and noise from the other rooms. The service is great. We asked for some ice on all 4 days that we stayed and the staff was very prompt and professional. The wifi though i think is allowed for only a few minutes per day. A great alternative is to go to the coffee shop next door and enjoy free wifi all day long. The location of the hotel is great and you can walk to most key destinations within a few minutes. Reception staff are not the most hospitable people. Overall a great place to stay in melbourne.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with some daylight if possible else u will end up in grey rooms which are quite dull.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed for 1 night...thankfully, and this is the reason we didn't change rooms but we absolutely would have if we were staying any longer. We were treated as lower class customers because we were using a voucher but isn't the point of these vouchers to impress and increase clientele?

I requested a reasonably nice room as I was treating a friend for her birthday but this request was completely ignored. We were placed in what honestly felt like a dungeon room, it was a bright sunny day outside but the room was dark and gloomy as outside our window was a concrete wall...charming for an expected 4.5 star hotel.

We soon started hearing some strange noises and realised it was every single toilet noise peircing the wall from the room next door...it was disturbing. This only became more of a nightmare as we tried to sleep and were kept awake by the booming music coming from somewhere and then the non-stop snoring from the neighbouring room. What 4.5 star hotel doesn't sound-proof their walls?? And what is the point of having a pillow menu if you feel like you are in the same bed as an extremely loud snorer and cannot possibly get a wink of sleep? I eventually became so desperate I asked reception for earplugs...they didn't have any but probably should invest in some for visitors staying on Level 1.

Bathroom grout was also black and mouldy, never seen this before in a 4.5 star hotel. Wish I brought thongs for the shower.

Positives - excellent location and the staff member on the desk at 4am was lovely...even though he couldn't help us sleep through the night.

Room Tip: Avoid level 1 rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends