“Small, smaller, smallest”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The rooms got nice furniture bad are extremely small; the bathrooms even smaller and the wardrobe smallest. Mattresses are past their use-by date (and cannot be turned). Valet parking is on the high side (A$34).

Service - be it at the reception or the valets - are efficient, fast and and polite.

Reception area and foyer are charming old world style and a stay could be very enjoyable - but the size of the rooms and the bathrooms are a disgrace. Not to be repeated.

Room Tip: Lokk for an other hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne

Reviewed October 5, 2012

On arriving in the room I found a dirty hand towel at the basin and then a dirty used towel scrunched up on the floor. Later when getting into the bed I discovered that they don’t use a doona cover. I think this is disgusting and very unhygienic. When I called Customer Service I was told they did away with the doona covers six months ago and I was the first person to complain. It’s just cost saving! If I could have easily moved hotels I would have been out of there in a flash. I will never go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matara72
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed over for the AFL Grand Final service was great but rooms a tad small. Overall very good. Shame they knock on the door 3 times a day unless you put out the donor disturb sign. Breakfast was very good .

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over spencer street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at the Rendezvous for one night recently in September. We were lucky to have saved a huge amount of the cost by buying one of the Daily Deals Vouchers. Despite the bargain price that we got, the service was brilliant, the valet parking was a brilliant inclusion, but most of all the breakfast was to die for. I was even able to order poached eggs, as I wasnt able to eat the buffet style scrambled eggs. The room was brilliantly quiet and very clean and modern. The room wasn't huge, but we didn't pay for a huge one either. We didn't bother with the pillow menu, but we could have if we didn't simply pass out dead, after experiencing a very lavish dinner at a Melbourne city restaurant. Well done Rendezvous, we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our second time back at Rendezvous. Can't say enough about it. The staff are very welcoming, the rooms are cleaner than clean and the buffet brekkie is delicious. Valet parking is fantastic as is the concierge. Overall a great night in a great location with great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rendezvous Hotel in May 2012 for 4 nights. We've stayed in Melbourne plenty of times at various hotels and self catering apartments ranging from 5 star to 3 and I can say without and hesitation that we will ONLY stay at the Rendezvous in Flinders Street from now on. I found the service was amazing and despite the fact that there was considerable noise and disruption from road/pavement works out the front, as soon as you walked through the doors it was calm, friendly and efficient. The lobby bar is delightful, roomy with an old world charm. The room we stayed in was on the smaller size but still enough room to get around the comfy king size bed. The bathroom was spotless with an awesome rain-head in the shower. For all of this the rates are very very reasonable. In fact we found the rate to be very competitive with many other hotels that offered far less.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts - because the hotel is a period building that's been restored...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eyeball09
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at the Rendezvous for six nights whilst attending a conference at the South Wharf convention centre. Nice hotel, and good ambience. Friendly welcome from staff when we arrived before 07:00 after a 27 hour journey. Our room was available despite the early arrival. The room was small, but well laid out and equipped. Bed very comfortable. The refurbished bathroom had a problem with inadequate sized shower screen, but a note was provided explaining the likelihood of the floor getting wet, and extra towels supplied and changed throughout our stay. 3 hours complimentary wi-fi each day was a bonus.
The location was perfect for my wife to explore Melbourne, whilst I 'worked'. Overall I would recommend the Rendezvous.

Stayed: September 2012