“Spent 5 nights in twin bed accommodation”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #66 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Never having visited Melbourne before, this hotels' location for perfect. The room was of reasonable size and very tidy. The room was serviced daily and all facilities were clean and tidy. I didn't eat at the restaurant so can't comment on that. The staff were friendly and allowed us to store our bags for some 5 hours after we vacated our room. All in all this was a pleasant hotel to stay at and I would recommend it. If I was to visit Melbourne again, I would not hesitate to re-book into this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 606 which is situated on 6th floor. Windows must be double glazed as we heard no...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here with my pregnant girlfriend on one of their flaming deals. The service was fantastic. Lisa and Paul gave me the kind of service that you would expect in a 4.5 star hotel. Their new in-room movie deals are fantastic. The system works much better then their old system.

Room Tip: always try and get one of their commerce type rooms. They are there newer apartments.
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This would be my 7 th stay here, & l love the location, if l don't feel like driving the train station is down the road, I have stayed here with friends, my daughter & recently my husband, it's walking distance to everything, Federation Square, Young & Jackson Bar, across the bridge to all the fine eatery places on South Bank, a 15 min walk to Rod Lava...l recommend it to anyone.
Staff are friendly & helpful, and the hotel bar is great, nice cosy atmosphere to it, sometimes getting stuck there longer than you should..

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5 th floor in early March and the room seemed roomier and had a plasma T.V, and the...
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Rendezvous Hotel, conveniently located right opposite to Melbourne's Flinder Street Station is probably one of the best value for money hotel I've found in Melbourne yet if you are a solo traveler. The location is obviously second to none. The view was okay and the in-room amenities were better than my expectation for the hotel this range. My room on the 8th Fl was a bit old and small but with free internet, it was not difficult to get through the evening.

Staffs were friendly and helpful. Though as a former local, I didn't ask them much about Melbourne. Many day tours will do pick ups and drop offs right in front of this hotel. Perhaps if you are traveling solo and not really a person who stay in-room but want to make sure you get a nice sleep right in the CBD, this place is perfect for you.

Gym, small and not so well equipped but sufficient for short-stays.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better for the view. The hotel has an older "half" and a newer &q...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tonnellato
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed for business. Was upgraded. Room on first floor. Immaculate in every way. Bathroom new and modern. Bed comfortable. Great blackout curtains. Decent size tv. High ceilings.

My only negative would be the pillows were ordinary. As was my selection from the pillow menu. That could have been just poor choice.

Others colleagues, were housed on the 7th floor. They report their rooms were much older but of a good standard.

Room service was good. Thai pumpkin soup- lovely. Fish and chips- good.

Breakfast buffet included with room. Everything good apart from hot food like bacon. Looked old at about 0830.

Building very clean, historically beautiful and well looked after.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank trudiDarwin
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here for a work trip and after reading other reviews I was a litte concerned. I have to say I didn't find my room noisy as some other reviews have said (I was staying on the 5th floor). The location was excellent for my meeting. The check in and out staff were a little on the dismissive side and I would have appreciated some help with my bags from the concierge but that could have just been a given time. Yes the bathroom was small and I wouldn't suggest my room for a family but for one person it was adequate. I loved the old world feel of the staircases as well.

Room Tip: My room was to the left of the lift and down the hall. Maybe this was why is was quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Keira L
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Rooms were just average in size. Clean and good service.
Location within city was great, did not find the neighborhood that desireable.

1  Thank glenn R