“Earplugs on the front counter. Enough said. ”
Review of Jasper Hotel

Jasper Hotel
Ranked #71 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Earplugs on the front counter. Enough said. ”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is a building site. Honestly this place should close down while this construction is going on. They may not allow work during certain hours but the pkace over the road doesn't subscribe to such rules. Bed was terrible. Had a terrible night sleep and the room was obviously one of the rooms yet to be completed with holes in the carpet. Tv the size of a shoebox and very thin walls. Take it from me. It isn't the greatest feature. Means you dont need adjoining rooms cause you can hear quite well thru the walls. Trust me avoid this place unless you are planning on getting very little sleep. Backpackers would be a better option for the next few months.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nathan Y
Doug S, Front Office Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Jasper Hotel on TripAdvisor and sharing your personal experience of the hotel with fellow travellers.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again apologise on behalf of Jasper Hotel for any inconveniences caused during your stay as i did during our phone conversation.
Feel free to contact me directly if you were not satisfied with our outcome.

Once again I do sympathise with you and acknowledge that the hotel’s renovation upgrades, noise and appearance of a constructions site is not ideal for some travellers we have taken all measures to ensure our guests are aware of the renovations prior to arriving at the hotel. Whether our guest’s book direct with us or through an online site. We also contacted all pre-existing bookings notifying guests of the works, where possible.
The hotel also imposed restricted hours of construction to business hours 8am – 5pm weekdays and 10am – 5pm weekends to limit the impact on our guests unfortunately the City of Melbourne do not adhere to our hours of operation and are not as courteous with the impact of noise as we are.
We do offer ear plugs for those travellers who wish to sleep-in however I do find it strange that most of our guests take the earplugs on departure.

I do hope that on your next visit to Melbourne you consider staying with us again as I would be delighted to share with you the hotel post renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I went to Melbourne because I had an exam there.
I stayed in Jaspar Hotel.
It is a very fantastic place, it is near to everything in the city.
The price is very good
And the best thing is the staff , they are very kind and polite.
Definety i will repeat this experience

• Stayed August 2014
Doug S, General Manager at Jasper Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jasper Hotel. Your comments inspire us to see opportunities to serve you better, through innovation resulting in a quality outcome.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Jasper Hotel and you were consistently happy with the hotel features and facilities and our fantastic staff.

Once again I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a long weekend in Melbourne for a friend's birthday. We had stayed at The Jasper before and were very happy to return. The location is fantastic with the Vic Markets literally around the corner and the tram across the road. Walking distance to all things Melbourne. We even walked to The Crown.
The hotel was going through extensive renovations in the foyer and coffee shop and these did not impede on our weekend as we were out all day. Staff were friendly and helpful. We will be back and look forward to the completed renovations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Helen B
Dear Helen,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Jasper Hotel. Glad you enjoyed your previous stay with us and the renovations didn’t impact you.
I agree the hotel is in a great location, glad you took advantage of that!
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Melbourne.
Nambucca Heads, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had stayed at the Jasper before, it's in a great location, trams out the front, Queen Vic market right behind, plenty of eateries close by. Would recommend to any traveller, reception staff friendly & helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Colleen,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on Jasper Hotel.
I’m glad to hear you continue to enjoy your stay with us. We are in a great location, right near the Queen Victoria Markets.
Great to also hear our staff are giving you such a great experience and you would recommend us!
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne.
Gold Coast
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I love staying at the Jasper Hotel, rooms are modern, clean and comfortable and the location is great. Even with construction happening, there was very minimal disruption and the staff made sure everyone was look after. Would recommend to anyone! Great value too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ashleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of us at Jasper Hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were consistently happy with the hotel features, facilities and great staff. Also great to hear the renovations did not impact on your stay with us!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Sadly i did not overly enjoy my time at the Jasper hotel, But i would be tempted to give it another shot. Sadly the renovations made it impossible for me to get a good sleep especially when my room was near the emergency Exit. The echo was insane!!! The service was good and the location was fantastic yet i wasn't aware that they were doing such extensive work.

Please do not let my review deter you as i am sure when renovations are complete i would feel differently.....

Room Tip: Try and book away from Emergency Exits ECHO'S LIKE MAD...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephanie,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry to hear you were not aware of renovations. We have made sure staff inform all customers when making reservations and that it is listed on all third party websites.
Should you choose to stay with us again please inform staff if you are unhappy at any point and they will do their best to rectify the situation. There are earplugs at the front desk for that better night’s sleep if needed.

I hope you come back to stay with us once renovations are finished in October!
Weiden am See
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I knew about the disruption because of refurbishing, in fact the whole reception area and kitchen was gone (although I liked it before too!).
Staff was very, very friendly and helpful and of course the rooms and the whole floor where I stayed were not affected by the building.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Jasper Hotel.
I’m pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the renovations did not impact on your stay. I agree our staff are a great asset to the hotel and we pride ourselves on great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Melbourne.